Nature Plants of all kinds

Mayank, I'm sorry that I missed this photograph of yours. I love the soft quality of the vines...they have a dancer like quality, I think. Lovely.

Zebra grass at large in our backyard.
LX5 f/8 @ 1/20th ISO 200

BB, these B & W LX5 shots are looking rather Leica-esque to me. What do you think?[/QUOTE] Wouldn't that be nice! Maybe it's the "x" in the name?:tongue:

Pictor, thank you for this bird's eye view of this garden. It looks as though it might have been raining? A very quiet, contemplative scene. I feel calmer just for looking at it.

Here is m "plant". I believe it is a Blue Spruce. It was very tall.

5114936137_a03796ba01_b.jpg

LX5

I've tried this shot many times as it is in my front yard and these dew drops always catch my eye. Taken with my Nex and Nikon 60mm f2.8, ISO 400, 1/160s. Cropped, contrast adjustment and sharpening in p.p.

20101128-DSC02526-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kevin, it looks like this try was the charm - lovely in all aspects. Nice holiday greeting card material, too. You and your Nex with the various lenses you have are making "beautiful photographic music" together. (I know, I know...mutilating an already hackneyed expression.:tomato2:) I need to go search and see if you've described how you feel the NEX is vs your previous micro four thirds camera.

Ray, I spotted this last night on Flickr - love the black and white approach. You've given the brussel sprout a rather nefarious look here. Nice!

Neil, we need to figure out how to get you to post your photographs in larger form. Right now this attachment is not clickable. I'd love to see this larger - it has a kind of polaroid look to it from what I can see.

Thanks BB, that plant will get a reprieve for now but I think I'll be going back for a really tight macro on those dew drops :) My love affair with the NEX continues but I had a quick flirtation with the VF-2 on an e-pl1 over the weekend ... it really is a nice set-up and brought back fond memories. In the back of my mind, I think when the e-pl1 comes down to the $250 range over time, I'll probably pick one up as a back-up.

Ray, I spotted this last night on Flickr - love the black and white approach. You've given the brussel sprout a rather nefarious look here. Nice!
There are those who believe brussel sprouts contain nefarious intent within their very being! I, however, am not among that number...

-Ray

Thanks BB, that plant will get a reprieve for now but I think I'll be going back for a really tight macro on those dew drops :) My love affair with the NEX continues but I had a quick flirtation with the VF-2 on an e-pl1 over the weekend ... it really is a nice set-up and brought back fond memories. In the back of my mind, I think when the e-pl1 comes down to the $250 range over time, I'll probably pick one up as a back-up.

I believe you about the Macro! As for the E-PL1 with the EVF, it is a fantastic combo...I ought to know, I used to own it. $250 for the both of 'em? Patience is a virtue, Kevin.;)

I will boldly state but not put any money down :D - when the next Olympus Pen comes out with a high-res EVF built-in and a classic form factor then there will be a fire sale and I will get my $250 e-pl1 with VF-2! Yes I do wear rose-colored glasses :)

A cornucopia of the fruits of various plants. Since I got my X10 in December, coming up with plants and flowers is a challenge, and I refuse to recycle my Christmas tree pictures. So....

Back