Micro 4/3 Played with a GX1....WOW!

The GX-1 puzzles me.
I think that if the X lenses had a performance to match the existing lenses then the compact GX-1 might be nice but the G3 has the same sensor plus a viewfinder , adjustable screen and at a lower price.
Not sure how you're going to sell that one.

The GX-1 puzzles me.
I think that if the X lenses had a performance to match the existing lenses then the compact GX-1 might be nice but the G3 has the same sensor plus a viewfinder , adjustable screen and at a lower price.
Not sure how you're going to sell that one.
Well Nippa I reckon once you try both in hand you might get more than a strong hint as to why you'd pay more. I tried a few mu43 bodies in store before buying. Can I just say that the build quality and form factor of the likes of the EP3 (which I bought) and GF1 (which now own after selling the EP3) blow the likes of the G3 out of the water. I found the G3 more cramped and flimsy to the touch and less comfortable and confident in hand.

So my assumption is that with the GX1 we finally have a worthwhile successor to the GF1 breed. But that's just my subjective opinion and so I'm just glad that folks like Olympus and Panasonic give us options enough to choose our best fit....and debate our choice here ;)

Back