Playing in the snow

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
From yesterday's ride on my Fat Bike. 7.5 miles out-and-back, 16F, about 5" on the ground. Peddling in the snow, especially uphill on a continuous light incline (abandoned railroad bed along a mountain stream) is not as easy as it would seem. Between me and my bike there's 280 pounds of mass. That number will be down to around 240 by Christmas, but those big tires did NOT float on the snow - they plowed. Some of the trail had less snow than other parts, but there were still times my legs turned to rubber and I just got off and pushed for a bit. Still, it was a great time, with a lot of excellent scenery, including a couple of decent waterfalls. Can't believe someone drove anything across that old railroad bridge - it's 25' from the center down to the ravine bottom. I pushed my bike across and back to get to one of the waterfalls, but I had crampons strapped to my boots and went very slowly. The waterfall in the last image is visible to the right when standing in the middle of the bridge. All taken with the X30.

DSCF4731-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF4742-1.jpg

DSCF4739-1.jpg

DSCF4737-1.jpg

DSCF4748-1.jpg

DSCF4755-1.jpg

Back