Please find me a friend...

What... what... happened? :)
Did you buy an X-T2? :)
Yes, yes I did.
...but I didn't mean to. :blush:

...but seriously, between the feel in hand (and even more so to the eye - what a viewfinder!) and testimonies from some folks I very much respect around these parts - yeah I'm looking at you @Livnius...and you too @Luke , it became just far too compelling a proposition.

The trade-off was the additional cost of the body - over the X-T1 - meant I could only buy one lens in the short-term. So I could not go past the 35mm f2 as my starter/foundation lens.
Fear not I have my Nikon gear on sale as we speak to secure the other two lenses (wide-angle and telephoto) I need to complete the bag.

Congrats! Who needs more than a camera body and a normal lens?

Hehe, it certainly makes changing systems easier :)

Congrats Mark on the new purchase! If I had to start a system from scratch again today, I'd probably be going Fuji too. (But "alas", I have too many m43 and 43 lenses right now, so I'll just keep going until things break apart :) )

Congrats! Who needs more than a camera body and a normal lens?
Well I'm no pro, or focused shooter like HCB. I'm an enthusiast or 'amateur', so the deal with me is to turn something functional into a weird obsession. :cautious:

Hehe, it certainly makes changing systems easier :)

Congrats Mark on the new purchase! If I had to start a system from scratch again today, I'd probably be going Fuji too. (But "alas", I have too many m43 and 43 lenses right now, so I'll just keep going until things break apart :) )
Mate the winds could have just as easily have blown me onto the shores of mu43 - and I'd not have been the slightest bit disapponted. Very capable cameras and a superb range of lenses.
...but the heart fell for the Fuji.

If I could afford it I'd go with Fuji but they make some darned expensive lenses.
Yep, especially compared to the likes of mu43. And it's not only about quality, as some of the Olympus and Panasonic lenses I handled in the store felt darn good to me!
...but it's all about conditioning really. I have not long come from shooting rangefinders and so once you've gotten accustomed to paying the prices you must for Leica (and Zeiss) lenses, then the offerings from Fuji seem quite reasonable indeed. :whistle:

you've eliminated the step where you sell the X-T1 to "upgrade" to the X-T2....never a bad move when you can fit it into the budget.
Exactly mate. And let's not laugh as you've nailed my usual modus operandii...however there is the other little two-step you overlooked...which is to buy the X-T1 and some lenses, then when I feel the burning desire to upgrade to the X-T2 then I sell off a few Fujinon lenses to fund, buy the X-T2, smile...and then regret selling those particular lenses and so devise a way to re-buy them which.....(I think we know how this story continues) :doh:

Last edited:
Good for you, Mark! What Nikon gear are you looking to unload?
Old stuff mainly but very capable nonetheless
1. Nikon D7000 kit including:
- D7000 (shutter count 11342)
- MB-D11 (genuine Nikon grip) with AA battery insert
- Nikon ML-L3 (remote shutter release)

2. Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f1.8G

3. Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

4. Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED

5. Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR

And those last two lenses is what is making this sale all the more painful, they're such solid performers. As I mentioned to @Luke above, I can already predict not only a little regret setting in at their departure, but the very real possibility of rebuying them both again into the future.

Oh why, oh why am I wired in this all-in kind of way :shakehead:

image.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

you gave me the GAS. Guess my choice for m43 is renewed now.

View attachment 121300
you gave me the GAS. Guess my choice for m43 is renewed now.
Glad we could be of service.
My gods now THAT is a fast 50! f1.2
Noooooice!

I have to ask about the unique perspective in the image though.
Are we:
- peeking into your shopping bag,
- discovering it in its hiding spot - so the better half doesn't find it,
- stumbling on your Christmas present,
- or....

Old stuff mainly but very capable nonetheless
1. Nikon D7000 kit including:
- D7000 (shutter count 11342)
- MB-D11 (genuine Nikon grip) with AA battery insert
- Nikon ML-L3 (remote shutter release)

2. Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f1.8G

3. Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

4. Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED

5. Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR

And those last two lenses is what is making this sale all the more painful, they're such solid performers. As I mentioned to @Luke above, I can already predict not only a little regret setting in at their departure, but the very real possibility of rebuying them both again into the future.

Oh why, oh why am I wired in this all-in kind of way :shakehead:

Just asking to see if I could pick something up from you. I agree with you that the 70-200mm is as sweet as they come. I know, because I have one. I've read the 12-24mm is also very sweet, but my one Nikon body is full frame.

This is actually a pretty nice kit. I would think hard before letting it go.

Cheers,

Antonio

I have to ask about the unique perspective in the image though.
Are we:
- peeking into your shopping bag,
- discovering it in its hiding spot - so the better half doesn't find it,
- stumbling on your Christmas present,
- or....

It's a picture from the top of the shopping bag. I came to collect my Pen (thumb grip and battery cover came loose and were repaired in under a week) when my local dealer informed me that he was an Olympus Pro dealer now, which meant he had the 25 in stock. That was my cue. To my defense: I did state earlier in this thread that I was thinking about replacing the Leica 25 with the new Olympus for my bigger kit (EM1, 12-40, 40-150, fast normal).

It's a picture from the top of the shopping bag. I came to collect my Pen (thumb grip and battery cover came loose and were repaired in under a week) when my local dealer informed me that he was an Olympus Pro dealer now, which meant he had the 25 in stock. That was my cue. To my defense: I did state earlier in this thread that I was thinking about replacing the Leica 25 with the new Olympus for my bigger kit (EM1, 12-40, 40-150, fast normal).
No defence required mate just congratulations.

That looks like an awesome addition! Can't wait to see the test shots

Back