Bags Please help me solve a bag conundrum...

I'd like to point out that none of the black nylon bags that were suggested are truly wannabe-SAS. They're more 'hey people, there's fancy electronics in here!'. If you really wanna see some wannabe SAS gear, google "tactical bag"..... it's not truly ninja if it doesn't have a bunch of molle loops plus a secret concealed carry compartment for your pistol:jedi:

Many of those tactical bags are supremely functional.
I have one of those I use for backpacking, but it doesn't hold my electronics . . . or a pistol. :D I found the advertising for it amusing. I found it at an outfitters store, with a garish tag shouting "Tactical Assault Backpack!!" I would have bought it had it simply said "waterproof rip-stop nylon with lots of pockets and loops", but I guess the faux military vibe was supposed to be more enticing. Mine has mud stains, so I doubt it draws much attention.

Yeah, I ended up buying a "tactical" shoulder bag for the same reason. Thankfully there's a flap over the molle webbing to take the edge off the military vibe a bit, but in terms of functionality, it's hard to beat.

I'm considering making my own bag some day, combining all of my favorite elements of other bags; it'll definitely have some "tactical" inspiration as well.

Hi,

Some feedback. Didn't managed to find a camera back pack that I really liked.

Wanted this for some travel I still had to do until year end. By coincidence, found a bag that I could adapt to my needs, already in Sandton/Johannesburg. It is light, grey, doesn't scream photo gear (possively not even laptop) and has a lateral acess that with an insert facing sideways, I can use (almost) like a sling when I need it.

It isn't so thick as it looks in the 1st picture.

IMG_4822-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

IMG_4826-XL.jpg

IMG_4827-XL.jpg

Cellini Luggage Online Shop | Browse & Buy Luggage Online

Last edited:
Back