Fuji Please introduce yourselves!

Hello everyone,

My first name is Peter. I live in the Netherlands and I haven't spend much time here lately. Nevertheless, I am "Fuji only" (x-pro1 with 18/35/60mm lenses, X20). Before that, I was dedicated to Nikon (D200, N8008/F801, and others). My first digital camera was the Fuji Finepix 4700 (I am still impressed by the quality of this camera). I wasn't really interested in photography until twenty-something. Before that I was interested in sports, sports, sports and drawing/painting. When I got married and learned a bit about developing film, I gradually became more interested.

The introduction of the digital darkroom accelerated interest (yes, I am a bit of a geek). Nevertheless, I remained a vacation-shooter until I had to stop with diving and basketball last year. The time had come to take photography more seriously. I signed up for fujirumors, fell in love with the fuji x10, became aware of fujixspot and the rest is history.

I like to capture the beauty of mother nature although I do realize that architecture, fashion, documentary, urbex and street photography are more important to future generations. When I started to participate at SC and here, I started to experiment with B/W and other subjects than nature. And it's fun. I wish I was as good at that as some photographers around here.

I am thinking about a website and am notorious in switching photo-upload-sites. So don’t be surprised if you can’t see photos anymore because I switched. I dumped Flickr because I had to restore links all the time. Wasn’t happy about how photobucket handled colors. Now working with Zenfolio.

Although I like the x-pro1 very much, I do miss the SLR handling. I’ll resist the temptation to buy a D800 for now, but not sure for how long. That depends on my wife, who has been very good in containing GAS. haha.

With respect to work, I’ve been in the business world for quite some time now. I’ve always been fascinated by organizations and leadership: what makes one organization successful while another fails. It is sad that to see that numbers and procedures have become the ultimate goal in so many organisations today (what about a 'power to the professional' movement?). Lately, I tried to learn about how our brains work and drive our behavior. A fascinating world!

Looking forward to learning from y’all and looking at the many beautiful photos. Hopefully this site becomes as popular as SC.

Peter

PS: Great initiative, BB!

My name is Steve but my closest friends (and even my wife) call me by my last name: Biro. Long story. I said hello briefly when this site was first launched. The name of the site changed once or twice in the first few weeks and I actually came up with the name that stuck. Big deal, right? :D.

I live in New Jersey and commute into New York City to work in the financial news business. But I've spent a career, on air and behind the scenes, in both radio and television. My other interests include film, music, auto racing (I actually raced SCCA Showroom Stock and Formula Ford for a while) and motorcycles.

I began my serious involvement in photography while in high school in the early-to-mid 1970s. My first serious camera was a Minolta SRT-200. This was a 100 percent manual film SLR equipped with a 50mm f/2.0 Rokkor-X prime lens. I shot with that single piece of glass for several years and still own the camera and lens today.

I moved into digital photography about a decade ago - first cautiously with a compact 4mp Casio point and shoot. But then I quickly moved to a Canon S3 IS and then a Pentax DSLR kit. I still have my Pentax gear (primarily for my DA Limited prime lenses) but quickly became involved in micro four-thirds as well.

The irony is, I still don't actually own a Fuji X camera. I'm still shooting for an X100s or X-E1 by the end of the year. I'm attracted to Fuji's X-Trans sensor and the traditional styling and handling of the X series. But something will have to give before long: I have too much gear and I plan to begin paring back before long.

EDIT: I just ordered the XF1. No, not one of the heavy-duty X cams, but - at $279 - cheap enough, pocketable, cool-looking and a chance to play with the EXR technology before it disappears. If it doesn't work out, I have relatives who will love it. Still working on that X100s or X-E1. ;)

Peter and Steve - my thanks to you both for your thoughtful intros.

But Biro AKA Steve, you're going to have to update this intro me thinks due to your recent acquisition.:drinks:

View attachment 2488 Hi all. Some of you might know me from mu-43. I don't have a very interesting story to tell, so I won't. I switched to fuji for the sensor and lenses, especially the 2 zooms. That is some glass! And not wallet busting like the other options ( uh um Oly and Panny 2.8's). I've the 35mm, too. Looking at the 14mm longingly. I figure, eventually, fuji will produce better bodies but glass is forever! Anyway, hello, and here's a photo from me playing with the 35mm. My kit is less than a week old to me. Much to learn. Great photos by you guys BTW!

Attachments

• DSCF8336-1.jpg
    DSCF8336-1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 166
Thanks for the intro, juangrande. Is Juan OK as a shorter version - though I do like the Americanization in my mind of Big John? Lovely uncut diamonds in this one - and me thinks you're wise about the "glass is forever" approach, even though I'm a fixed lens girl in the digital world, for now. :drinks:

Hello. My name is Nick.
About time I introduced myself as I have been following the forum for a little while now.
I live on the Gold Coast in Australia. Photography has been my hobby/passion for some years now. My main love is landscape and wildlife photography particularly when combined with travel, when work permits.
For years I have been shooting with Canon DSLR's. A couple of years ago I bought the X100 as a walk around/city camera and was very pleased with it. More recently I have been looking for a lighter, more portable system for some of my travel so I recently bought the Xpro1 and some lenses and have been steadily learning to use it. I'm not ready to give up on the bigger gear yet but I am looking forward to taking only the Fuji gear to Bhutan in November.

Hello all.
My name is John M - mnhoj.

Not too much film for me. Polaroids and instamatics.
I jumped on the digital bandwagon and loved it and digital processing.
My first was a Fuji MX1300. From there it was a steady flow of dslrs mostly Nikon. And a multitude of different lenses. < A lot of fun.

After my need to be able to capture anything and everything under the stars diminished(and 25k shots of my kids), I sought out a balance of comfort
and performance and tried out the m43 format. Very nice and very capable. Two and a half years and a brief visit back to a dslr in between.

And then one morning the nimble m43 gear was gone and an XE1 kit stood in it's place.
And here I am.

Welcome, Nick and thank you for stopping in for a hello and introduction! I saw the one photo you've posted on the W/NW B&W thread (I could hear the rush of the ocean sweeping in...and out) and am really looking forward to seeing more from you. If you have a photo hosting website you use, please consider adding it to your signature line. :drinks:

Hello!
Gus here! From Sweden. (Real name is gustav but that's not so international so Gus will work)

Coming from mu-43 (fransglans)

I've been waiting for the x100 prices to go down and finally I'm on the Fuji train!

Colours are deep and DR is amazing.

Couldn't be happier!

Looking forward to see your work here!

Hello!
Gus here! From Sweden. (Real name is gustav but that's not so international so Gus will work)

Coming from mu-43 (fransglans)

I've been waiting for the x100 prices to go down and finally I'm on the Fuji train!

Colours are deep and DR is amazing.

Couldn't be happier!

Looking forward to see your work here!

Yo, Gus! Good to see you here as "SimpleGus" -- although did you see the movie "Tropic Thunder"? It makes me think of "Simple Jack" -- although you yourself do NOT!

Welcome.

Yo, Gus! Good to see you here as "SimpleGus" -- although did you see the movie "Tropic Thunder"? It makes me think of "Simple Jack" -- although you yourself do NOT!

Welcome.

Hi there!
No havent seen it, yet :)

I just wanted to change username as I really disliked the first one. And simple is a good word to describe me. One lens one camera. X100!

Hello all.
My name is John M - mnhoj.

Not too much film for me. Polaroids and instamatics.
I jumped on the digital bandwagon and loved it and digital processing.
My first was a Fuji MX1300. From there it was a steady flow of dslrs mostly Nikon. And a multitude of different lenses. < A lot of fun.

After my need to be able to capture anything and everything under the stars diminished(and 25k shots of my kids), I sought out a balance of comfort
and performance and tried out the m43 format. Very nice and very capable. Two and a half years and a brief visit back to a dslr in between.

And then one morning the nimble m43 gear was gone and an XE1 kit stood in it's place.
And here I am.

John, how could I have missed your intro here?! Mea culpa! I've already seen some of your photographs and have been enjoying them very much..so it's about time I said "Welcome"!:drinks:

Gustav, welcome! I shot for about a year with the X100 alone - it really is a wonderful camera. When I had a longing for more flexibility, I bought an m43 kit and sold my Nikon D7000 and assorted lenses.

The m43 kit is great: wide, tele, great primes, but when I need simple, or when family is more important than photo ops, I still reach for the X100. For me, the ideal focal length and optimal ergonomics

Sent using FujiXspot mobile app

Back