Fuji Please introduce yourselves!

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Here's a welcome to everyone that has taken the time to register and become a member! Many of us here know each other from one of Amin's other forums... Yet I know there are quite a few people here who may just not have gotten around to introducing themselves - so please stop in here on this thread, or start your own and tell us as much or as little about yourself as you'd like.

A photography forum is nothing without pictures so if you're not sure how to add them to the threads, check out the sticky at the top of the Site Information, Help and Feedback forum.

Glad to have you here!:drinks:

Hi, I'm Joshua. I've been a mirrorless user since the Olympus Ep1. I have tried many Oly, Panny and Sony cameras, but have finally landed on Fuji, where I intend to stay.

Hey, Joshua - thanks so much for saying hello. I know you've been around but I never knew your name nor your history. I first started down the digital road with an Olympus E-P1, too. I chose it because I loved my OM-1 so much. Now I'm a Fujiphile.:biggrin_old:

Hi ... I am Bhupinder and I live in Melbourne Australia. I practice polycamy and currenly enjoying OMD EM5 and X100. There is something special about Fuji X100 which holds me back from buying X100s. I am gonna pick up XE1 with 18-55 or 35 mm lens .I am gonna use MFT and Fuji as they complement each other so well
Cheers
Bhupinder

My name is John Griggs, I'm an older, curmudgeonly artist and engineer (guess which one pays the bills?) from the east coast of the United States. I'm shooting exclusively Fuji these days having migrated from micro four thirds primarily for what I see in the X-Trans sensor -- although I love the "old school" handling of these cameras. My kit's in my signature.

Been here for a short time beginning when I bought my first X which was the original X100 -- but then I got totally sucked into Fuji.

My name is Phoenix, like Bhupinder I reside in Melbourne, Australia. I do a lot of travelling mainly to Japan where I travel at least once a year to visit family and friends. Like many I started my photographic journey with film however I took time off from photography with the advent of the digital camera, I just got back into photography about 3 years ago. I first joined TalkNex, and later on spent more time in SC and I now mainly reside in Fujixspot.

I started off with the Sony NEX and was one of the very few people who started adapting manual lenses to the system (I remember contacting a chinese adapter maker in Taiwan asking them if they could make me a Minolta to E-mount adapter so I could use my old Rokkor lenses on my NEX) which is now of course quite popular and widespread. I have now moved to Fuji and while nothing in the world is definite I can safely say that I will most likely stay with Fuji as I quite like their products and also their philosophy behind their products (in Japan they call it Kaizen -Continuous Improvement). I shoot a lot of B+W and low light / night photography, as with my film days I really enjoyed B+W and shot mostly in this format.

:blush: I just realized that I have never formally introduced myself...though I did say hello when I first found my way here in the early days.

Quick sketch: I have a BFA (fine arts bachelors college degree) in Photography from back in the late 1970s. Specialized in color printing from negatives, as well as slides. The first camera that I didn't inherit from my older brother was my Olympus OM-1 and I stuck with that camera as my one and only...

Fast forward...when our daughter went off to college about 5 years or so ago, I decided to get back into doing something I truly enjoyed for myself. Found my way to The Online Photographer while reading about the mysteries of digital cameras - beyond my Canon Elph;) - ...where I saw an advertisement for Mu43.

Thanks to Amin and bunch of the original members over there, I slowly learned about digital and how different it was from film... Been around ever since in just about all of his forums in one way or another. What I've always enjoyed about Amin's forums is how helpful the members are to one another, how friendly and how civilized they/we are. Just think - we allow each other to have our own likes and dislikes!:biggrin_old:

Hi,
My name is Luke. I like to play with cameras. I enjoy the slowness of baseball and the speed a hummingbird's wings. I love furry things and things with fins. I love pointing my camera into the dark to see what it can find and I love pointing it into the light and capturing (and sharing) the beautiful Fuji flare. I love fruit so much that I could nearly become a fruititarian, but then I couldn't have pizza and that would make me very sad indeed.

I love walking in the rain with a camera, I love crisp apples and crisp autumn nights. I recently bought a rowing machine and am hoping that pretending to propel myself through the water helps me to drop 20 pounds. I would like to start printing more photos, but I need to start making better ones first. I also like looking at photos.....masterpieces and near disasters alike.... I learn a little bit from all of them (at least I tell myself I do).

Thanks for letting me bore you for a few moments.

I also just realized that this sounds remotely like a personals ad. I don't need one of those. I'm also married to one of my very best friends (she'll be my best friend when our oldest dog passes on:sad010:).

Either a personal ad, or a speech at the Miss America competition -- but sorry I don't think you're qualified!!!

I'm in the same boat as you, Luke. I've lost 15 pounds recently but have about 20 more to go to "fighting weight"... although even at that weight I lose the fights. Oh well...

Hi,
My name is Luke. I like to play with cameras. I enjoy the slowness of baseball and the speed a hummingbird's wings. I love furry things and things with fins. I love pointing my camera into the dark to see what it can find and I love pointing it into the light and capturing (and sharing) the beautiful Fuji flare. I love fruit so much that I could nearly become a fruititarian, but then I couldn't have pizza and that would make me very sad indeed.

I love walking in the rain with a camera, I love crisp apples and crisp autumn nights. I recently bought a rowing machine and am hoping that pretending to propel myself through the water helps me to drop 20 pounds. I would like to start printing more photos, but I need to start making better ones first. I also like looking at photos.....masterpieces and near disasters alike.... I learn a little bit from all of them (at least I tell myself I do).

Thanks for letting me bore you for a few moments.

I also just realized that this sounds remotely like a personals ad. I don't need one of those. I'm also married to one of my very best friends (she'll be my best friend when our oldest dog passes on:sad010:).

Hello...

I'm Bill, and I am a middle-aged bloke who lives in the wet, chilly bit of Europe known as the United Kingdom. By extension, therefore, I wear a lot of tweed, stout brogues and hats, except of course when I travel into That London, where a light wool worsted and a Chelsea boot are more the order of the day. My tailor despairs of me because I persist in filling the pockets of my suits with photographic apparatus.

I make a living doing stuff that is ineffably boring, but pays the bills. When I grow up I want to be a little less serious and still be paid for it.

My photographic trajectory started with film, and still encompasses it. Film and film cameras have Soul that even the best digitals cannot hope to match - although Fuji comes closer than most.

I have been a brand tart, having enjoyed Pentax and Contax, Rollei and Ricoh. I have scaled the heights of Olympus, and plumbed the depths of FED, pissed about with Panasonics and even killed time with a Konica, I am, however, most comfortable with a Nikon SLR, a Leica rangefinder or a Fuji X in my hand and at my eye.

See.

Capture.

Enjoy.

I started taking photos seriously because I knew I could do better. I wanted prints without naggy stickers telling me I had underexposed, or shaken a bit.

That was a lifetime ago. The entirety of my Son's lifetime, in fact.

And a bit.

I thought of going pro once. But it would leach away all the fun. I write some stuff, snap some stuff and generally enjoy myself.

"Gentleman Amateur"

That's me.

(Waves)

Sent from another Galaxy

My name is Lucille....

and Rockabilly and Doo Wop rules....

Now about these square thingies that spit out images, hopefully I can learn to use one. Haven't got much further then the on/off switch...

Hi my name is Bob, I have been a professional photographer for what seems like most of my life, started shooting at about 9 or 10 and have yet to put down the camera. Over the years I have shot with almost every size and style of camera for work, but have always been in search of something to shoot my personal stuff with that was inspiring and fun to use. I started shooting P&S for fun with the Nikon AF35, moved through a series of Contax P&S cameras, loved my Contax G2 system, the almost perfect street camera, but that was film. So since I had now joined the Digital world, I again went through a number of P&S cameras; Sony, Canon, Nikon then fell for the Ricoh GRD, then the GRD II, then GRD III and GRD IV, during this time I also gave the Olympus Pen and later the OMD a trial, but the Fuji X100 was the first camera in awhile that excited me to shoot with and then when the XPros came out I had found my digital Contax G2 nirvana, at this point I am way deep into the Fuji XPro with 2 bodies, 5 lenses, one on order and will be buying two more when they come out.
I have to admit that even though I still love shooting with my X100, I may be giving it away to a family member. Mainly because it has been pushed out of my briefcase by the new Ricoh GR, which is way smaller and I prefer the wider lens for what I need that camera for.
That’s my camera story.

Good Morning y'all,
My height isn't tall,
My waist isn't small,
I find cameras are all such a ball.

Okay I'll drop the rhyme to save me some time.

My uncle taught me how to develop and print when I was in grade school, way back in the film-only days. I loved photography and decided back then that the coolest thing in the world to be was photojournalist working for a newspaper. When I hit junior high, (middle school now), I was 'stringing' for the local papers, riding my bike to high school games and handing the film off to the reporters for developing and printing. When I turned 16 and got a car, I started shooting full time. I've worked for UPI, Los Angeles Times and Orange County News. In my early 30's I decided it was time to get a real job, make real money and have a real life and essentially hung up my cameras. I found a wife and started a family and a new business and didn't have any room for serious photography. What photography I did pursue was with those horrible little point-and-shoots and their horrible little plastic bodies and that gawd-awful horrible shutter lag.

When the Canon 20D was introduced a friend convinced me to order one. The first time I held the 20D, and I looked through the lens to focus, and upon feeling the shutter release without any lag, and hearing the mirror slap, and manually adjusting the camera ... all those memories from my news days started upwelling from all those hidden places in the body where all those chemicals of memories are stored ... and my passion for photography started coursing through my veins and arteries, pulsating with every heartbeat, breathing life into my old passion. And now I am here, still taking snaps, still learning photography, still seeing life a-fraction-of-a-second-at-a-time.

Gary

Hi. I'm Brad
I'm a serious armature.
I started with an interest at 13 years old and worked the darkroom.
I have used 35mm and MF 645 in the past.
Switched to digital with the 1Ds 1,2 and mark 3. And Phase One back for my Contax 645.
A couple years ago, picked up the Pentax 645D.
I've climbed mountains with these cameras and lugged their glass around all day.

I live in Bangkok and travel quite a bit for part of the year and spend the other half year between S.Carolina USA and Toronto. I love shooting far off places as I think the opportunity for those images are quickly fading. Tribes in Africa, hill tribes in Asia etc.

After 10 knee surgeries and a spinal cord surgery, I've become more and more interested in going smaller and lighter. One reason is I believe some of these APS-C mirrorless cameras now give as good or almost as good images as the first full frame digital cameras years ago.
Certainly as good or better than 35mm film used to and maybe even as good as MF film.

My first attempt at mirror less was Panasonic GF 2. Disappointing.
However, they have gotten better.

I Recently sold the 1Ds 3 and am using the Fuji a lot.
I have owned X100 but sold it. Then bought and still have the X Pro 1, XE1 and now the X100s.
Why?
I love them all but was left with each, some dissatisfaction and tried the next.
This dissatisfaction is mainly due to my also owning the Olympus OMD-EM5.
The focus on that camera nails it every time.
I know when I take a shot with it, the result will be there and be sharp.
With the Fuji, you can't be as sure.

Fuji got it right on so many levels but they really need to improve the focusing.
I'm using them and love using them.
They have indeed gotten better.
The XE1 and X100s get used more than XPro1 because the focus is so much better.

I hope to see more an XPro 2 with tilt LCD, really fast accurate focusing in all conditions and a viewfinder that has built in diopter.
And a slew of newer fast focusing lenses.

Brad, thanks so much for giving us so much of your history and welcome to FujiXspot. I look forward to seeing some of your photographs and hope you'll add some to the threads/ If you have a website or use a photo hosting site, please consider adding it to your signature line. Glad you found your way here!

Hi. I'm Brad

I Recently sold the 1Ds 3 and am using the Fuji a lot.
I have owned X100 but sold it. Then bought and still have the X Pro 1, XE1 and now the X100s.
Why?
I love them all but was left with each, some dissatisfaction and tried the next.
This dissatisfaction is mainly due to my also owning the Olympus OMD-EM5.
The focus on that camera nails it every time.
I know when I take a shot with it, the result will be there and be sharp.
With the Fuji, you can't be as sure.

Fuji got it right on so many levels but they really need to improve the focusing.
I'm using them and love using them.
They have indeed gotten better.
The XE1 and X100s get used more than XPro1 because the focus is so much better.

I hope to see more an XPro 2 with tilt LCD, really fast accurate focusing in all conditions and a viewfinder that has built in diopter.
And a slew of newer fast focusing lenses.

Hi and welcome, but I am sorry but I have to disagree on two points, my experience with the Xpro and Omd focusing, has always found the Xpro to be more accurate but because of the lack of image stabilization, it came seem softer because of camera movement.
Secondly please, please no tilt screen, or diopter adj on the Xpro II, That part of the camera is fine just the way they are

Back