Fuji Please introduce yourselves!

Hi, my name is Paul and I live in Cumbria, England. I'm a retired (ill health) engineer and have been into photography since I was a boy - I still shoot film in small quantities in various formats 6x6, 6x9, 6x45 and 35mm. Digital using a Pentax K-5 and Fuji X100s.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Paul, I'm so glad you found your way here - and I love your black and white standing angel image (Dramatic B&W Images thread), by the way! Thanks for taking the time to stop in and say hello and I look forward to your involvement across the forums.:th_salute:

Hi evryone,

I'm Stéphane from Switzerland and I'm working in the watchmaking industry… I used few compacts and bridges camera and only one dslr in the past but since december last year, I'm really enjoying photography with my X-E1. I have the 4 fuji lenses, 14, 35, 60, and 55-200mm. all of them give me nice result…

Welcome Stéphane - working in the watchmaking industry must be fascinating!

I look forward to seeing some of your photographs soon with that array of lenses - please share some when you can.:th_salute:

Welcome Paul and Stéphane! Have fun here!

Stéphane, may I ask which of the watch companies you work for? I admit, I like watches ;-) . You can also send me a private message, if you prefer that. I also understand if you prefer not to disclose it.

Best wishes, Peter

Hello, forum members.

I've been reading this forum for several months and only now realized I've never introduced myself.

I'm Eric, a family physician in Michigan who enjoys travel, dance, cycling and nature.

I used a Nikon FM in the 80's while traveling in Central America, and then with my young family. Really loved that camera, but as the film era began to wane and my career became overwhelming, my interest in photography waned. I was cynical about the new digital cameras. I gradually did less photography.

About 10 years ago I started playing with some decent point and shoots and started to enjoy taking travel and family shots again. 5 years ago I bought a Canon Rebel, and enjoyed a new level of enjoyment with family and travel photos.

Two problems/challenges began to enter:
1. My travel was by bike and I needed a smaller kit to be able to carry while cycling. Also the weather was unpredictable.
2. I started to enjoy dance photography, but the low light / rapid action was beyond me and my cameras. I began to explore ways to capture the emotional expression of salsa, bachata and tango dance.

I had already switched to a Fuji XE-1 for the low light capabilityl What I didn't know was that it didn't have any low light autofocus ability, so I worked with zone focusing, high ISO shots, or if in a studio, bounce flash.

Recently I've stepped up to the XE-2 and I'm very excited to try that in a variety of settings. I've also acquired a Nikon A and Fuji XF-1 for travel. It needs to be small for my style of travel.

I really enjoy the level of discussion on this site.

been lurking for a while. infrequent poster. nikon film/aps-c and m43 shooter. hoping to pick up my first fuji x camera tomorrow (x20). if all goes well, i just might jump on an xe2. nice community here and it's sister sites.

Good evening. I've just accidentally bought an XE1 on ebay, call it GAS combined with Russian roulette ! That kind of accidentally . Anyway I bought it body only.
Guess what ? The only lens I have is a OM Zuiko 50mm f1.8. And no more cash for a Fuji af lens.
Please could someone recommend a good adaptor for me.
I have just migrated over here from the SC forums. I'm using a brace of Nikon V1's (a lot) and a GXR + A16 (not a lot) I'm hoping the XE1 will be like a combination of the two systems.
As I will be manual focus for quite some time i suspect, I would be greatful for a point in the right direction regards this method.
Its nice to be here and I hope to contribute some worthy images.

Thank you all.

Garry + Taz & Buster

Welcome Paul and Stéphane! Have fun here!

Stéphane, may I ask which of the watch companies you work for? I admit, I like watches ;-) . You can also send me a private message, if you prefer that. I also understand if you prefer not to disclose it.

Best wishes, Peter

Hi Peter, I'm no longer working for a brand. I'm teaching in a watchmaking school. Before that I used to work for Panerai as technical trainer!

Sent from my iPad using FujiXspot mobile app

Good evening. I've just accidentally bought an XE1 on ebay, call it GAS combined with Russian roulette ! That kind of accidentally . Anyway I bought it body only.
Guess what ? The only lens I have is a OM Zuiko 50mm f1.8. And no more cash for a Fuji af lens.
Please could someone recommend a good adaptor for me.
I have just migrated over here from the SC forums. I'm using a brace of Nikon V1's (a lot) and a GXR + A16 (not a lot) I'm hoping the XE1 will be like a combination of the two systems.
As I will be manual focus for quite some time i suspect, I would be greatful for a point in the right direction regards this method.
Its nice to be here and I hope to contribute some worthy images.

Thank you all.

Garry + Taz & Buster

How the hell are Taz and Buster doing?

Gary

Wow, I don't pay attention for a day and suddenly there are three "new" members!

Eric (ebouwens) - really appreciate your taking the time to tell us your story. It sounds to me as though you're pretty well set on cameras now. But we all know how that can be...as ripley'sbaby AKA Gary has just attested to.:biggrin_old:

migs, thanks for taking the time to formally introduce yourself here and we're glad to have you for sure. :drinks:

Garry, you're a sly one you are! There I was thinking "Oh look he's so mature and has such self control...using his Nikon and his new iPhone5s..." and suddenly by "accident" you're the proud owner of a Fuji XE1! Good for you - can't wait to see how it works out for you! :th_salute:

Ahh. You are one of the real experts! I wonder if we may have met at SIHH when you were at Panerai.

Hi Peter, I'm no longer working for a brand. I'm teaching in a watchmaking school. Before that I used to work for Panerai as technical trainer!

Sent from my iPad using FujiXspot mobile app

Bumping this generic welcome thread up for some new members. It's a handy place to introduce yourself, or you can certainly start your own thread as many have down below.

Hi everyone, my name is Andy, I'm from Emsworth on the south coast of the Uk.
I have just recently got back into photography having bought myself a second hand Xpro1 and an 18mm xf. I also have a small collection of vintage lens's mostly from my Olympus om days.

I have loved watching Fuji Xspot for a while, and now I have finally got my act together and hope to post a few of my images. Here is my first pic. I hope I've done it correctly, please let me know if not.
Andy :0)

12820891785_771a042379_b.jpg

DSCF0174 by Andlovell, on Flickr

Back