Fuji Please introduce yourselves!

Hi everyone! My name is Erik. I have been looking into the Fujifilm Xseries xt1 and lenses. I'm sold on Fujifilm and will have many questions regarding my first xf lens to purchase for environmental portraiture as well for documentary street photography.
My background being a X-Nikon shooter ready to try something new without carrying the heavy luggage around all day.
Fujifilm X series is my new choice. Hope to meet new friends here and learn from all of you...
Thanks everyone,
Cheers! :)

Welcome Erik. Good thing you ditched the Nikon blob and finally got a good-looking camera :cloud-9-039:

Seriously, why do those DSLR bodies all need to be that ugly shapeless ergonomic disaster? The Fujis looks great AND feel great. You'll want with you all the time.

Erik, let me add my welcome to that of Luke and say that you have made the right choice. My last FF DSLR was a Nikon (D700) and I have not once looked back or regretted the move to the X-Series.

I'm Kevin. I've been around these forums for a few years. I usually go by the name dixeyk but I forgot I had an account on here until after I made a new one with a new name. My focus is looking at the world by observing all its little parts. I made the move to mirror-less several years ago with an E-PL1 and never looked back. I recently made the switch from Sony to Fuji.

Erik, let me add my welcome to that of Luke and say that you have made the right choice. My last FF DSLR was a Nikon (D700) and I have not once looked back or regretted the move to the X-Series.

The xt1 with lens isn't in my hands yet... but soon! I just cannot decide on a lens. That is the only thing holding me back.

Thank you for the welcome! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome Luke! :) Still haven't decided on a lens... When my decision is sorted out the xt1 will be in my hands.
Hope to be hear many years to come, and learn the Fujifilm way of life.

Welcome and almost congratulations Erik (I'll wait until the xt-1 is in your hands:flowers_2:) for the official congrats...and Kevin AKA dixeyk and now kevistopheles, so glad you unveiled yourself!

I just received an email from Fuji...well, I received it a few days ago but didn't see it... I see the XT-1 is now on sale and am guessing that you - Erik - have gotten it for a good price.:drinks: A very appealing camera, especially for those of us who are heading quite quickly into winter.

Hi Everyone, I already started an introduction thread so I'll be brief, long time Pentax guy made the switch over the last month, may have satisfied my LBA for a while (there isn't much left to buy since I'm not a big zoom guy - I bought 2 for my wife-
Looking forward to participating here I'm very active over on Pentax Forums

Petach is back!!!

Just got me an X-T1 +35mm this afternoon. As soon as I picked her up...I loved her! I was gunning for an X100T.....but the X-T1 blew me away. Looking forward to posting some shots.

Cheers All

Pete

The xt1 with lens isn't in my hands yet... but soon! I just cannot decide on a lens. That is the only thing holding me back.

Thank you for the welcome! :)

It ends up being the xt1 wasn't my choice after all. What 4 months can do to change direction. Thanks FujiXspot and to all I have met and became friends with on this forum.
So, my intensions when I first joined here was to own a xt1. Couple months down the road after intense researching i opted for the x100T. Although they are very nice it wasn't for me. So... more research was involved and more questions I asked and finally after almost 4 months I ended up with the lovely Xpro1 married with the 35 1.4. How things change in such little time. Thank you all!!!

Hi all. I been shooting film and then digital and then back again. For me, photography is secondary to my traveling and backpacking. I have no stable address and have been working and living outside of my home in Canada for a while. I don't know when I will stop my wandering and traveling but I know it won't be soon.

I started my photography in mu43 way back when.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. I been shooting film and then digital and then back again. For me, photography is secondary to my traveling and backpacking. I have no home and have been working and living outside of my home in Canada for a while. I don't know when I will stop my wandering and traveling but I know it won't be soon.

I started my photography in mu43 way back when.
Welcome ks11!

Greetings from OZ.

I am a long time photographer, having first been handed a camera, Mum's old Franka rangefinder (wish I still had it) at age 7. Came to digital when it first haopoened via the Siony Mavica 4 shots to a small floppy disk camera - those were the days! My first DSLR was the Canon 300D, which I foolishly expected to take the lenses from my film T90, ha ha. Have moved through 20D, 40D, 1DsMkII (2 of those) but sold the last full frame to fund the Fuji X-T1 body I purchased last week.

I also have 2 medium format digital setups, a Hasselbald HG2, and a Mamiya 645DF, with various lenses and things. I've found the Mamiya kit doesn't really suit me, I just cannot get used to it, so have it up for sale to fund a new back for the Blad, or maybe a big investment in Fuji lenses.

I'd contemplated downsizing for a while, as now I am in my 60s, have chronic arthritis (from an old, undiagnosed break 30 years ago) in my left ankle, and also in right knee and a bad back to boot. So the big guns were just getting to be too much for me. I saw an X-M1 and XC 16-50 lens for sale on the Fuji X Facebook group some months ago. I sold my 40D to purchase it (very reasonable - an 'unwanted present'), so I could see how I liked the system. I'd read a lot of good things about it and a couple of pro mates told me it was good.

I am delighted with it. Have purchased the SC 50-230 as well - the XC lenses are excellent for their price, and the system as a whole really suits me. So I sold the big Canon and a light meter to fund the purchase of a higher end body, the X-T1, which came with no less than 3 batteries, 2 chargers - one for the car, the MHG-XT Large handgrip, and a couple of other bibs and bobs. I am a very happy camper and have been getting out with the cameras a lot more lately.

My main interests are Landscape, and you'll also see architecture, cats, animals, flora etc. Not a big people tog but I do sometimes. I was deaf until 30 so my people skills aren't the greatest!

Welcome Odille, I thought I saw a new nickname. I'm old Nikonist from film era and through various steps including m43 Olympus landed to Fuji world. And by the way, I am from the opposite side of the world than you :)

Back