Fuji Please introduce yourselves!

Hello from the Basque Country.
My name is Begi Nabara and I'm barking mad.
19326607395_88681f1a86.jpg

I'm only a human being.
by Begi Nabara, on Flickr

Epa, Begi! Ongi etorri, pozten naiz zu ezagutzeaz.

Okay, that's exhausted my knowledge of the language ;)

Your picture reminds me of a chap called Richard Jenkinson who also lived in your part of the world; any relation?

Excellent choices. The 35 speaks for itself and the 18 is an under-rated "sleeper". I like your stuff on Flickr - understated but very emotional. Do you get to see Black and White magazine?

Hi folks! I've just recently started using an XE2 and am loving the image quality it provides! I've been shooting with mainly m42 glass so far, had a copy of the 18mm f2 but it was a tad wide for my liking. Will probably shell out for a 35mm 1.4 soon as it's perfect for my kind of shooting; keeping my Pancolar though as it's such a nice combo :)

Here's a welcome to everyone that has taken the time to register and become a member! Many of us here know each other from one of Amin's other forums... Yet I know there are quite a few people here who may just not have gotten around to introducing themselves - so please stop in here on this thread, or start your own and tell us as much or as little about yourself as you'd like.

A photography forum is nothing without pictures so if you're not sure how to add them to the threads, check out the sticky at the top of the Site Information, Help and Feedback forum.

Glad to have you here!:drinks:

Greetings, Fellow Fuji X Photographers! Steve Solomon here, as a recent convert to the superb Fuji Mirrorless System from Nikon. I have about 35 years in photography, starting out in b/w with a Nikon Nikkormat FT3, and some Nikkor lenses. I only went "digital" around 2001, and previously shot large format with Fuji, Nikon, Rodenstock and Schneider optics, so I appreciate high-quality images. I also had an early Fuji Bridge camera, so not "completely" new to Fujifilm. If interested in seeing some landscape and product images, please check out my work at totalqualityphoto.com. Though I can undoubtedly learn a lot about the Fuji X System from you, I also look forward to hopefully helping others new to photography. Thank you!

Hello everyone!

My name is Aaron Long and I am a 24 year old photographer based out of Louisville KY. This is my second go around shooting with Fuji gear, the first time I bought into the system at the wrong time in my photographic career. I have shot and owned all sorts of gear to the point where I started to think I had a problem, but then I realized it was just GAS :p. I have been shooting for 8 years now and ever since then I have been searching for the "perfect camera". After spending lots of time and money buying, selling, trying to get the best camera with the best specs I realized none of that really matters. I recently picked up a Leica M3 from my work (its been a dream of mine to own one) and a Canon 50mm 1.4 M39 lens to teach myself to develop my own film. My school did not offer a darkroom/film class and I have always wanted to learn the entire process. After shooting with my Leica for a few months I learned a extremely valuable lesson. Having fun and enjoying going out and shooting is worth so much more then what the camera you have in your hand looks like on paper. Since then the Leica has become my main camera and I will continue to advance my skills as a film photographer as long as I can pick up a roll of film off the shelves. I am a strong believer in using both film and digital together as two separate tools. Recently I discovered that all the digital equipment I had at the moment was boring to use and hardly ever left the bag. My Olympus gear produced pleasing images to me but the experience shooting with it was not the same as shooting with the Leica. Being that I can not afford a digital Leica at the moment ( it will probably be quite a while before I can) I have ended up with a Fuji xe2. With some research and experimenting with a borrowed body the Xe2 and some of my legacy glass I have laying around does a great job complementing my M3. The Xe2 has earned its cozy spot next to the M3 in my daily carry bag and I am super excited to get out and make lot of memories with it.

I am looking forward to getting to know people around here and sharing my images with you guys.

(sorry for the long winded introduction post :D)

Here is a recent photo from my trip to my state fair shot with the xe2 and a Konica 52mm 1.8. I did a quick edit in snapseed before uploading it but I still need to sit down and go through my images from the day.

20688088740_6d99612a93_b.jpg
Boy and his cow
by Aaron Long, on Flickr

Welcome Aaron and thanks for sharing the tale of your photographic journey. After the thick end of 25 years of Leica ownership, I'd just make one observation on your story, that may save you some time, money and heartache in the future. In the days of film, there could be little argument that Leica offered the ultimate combination of compactness, handling, quiet operation, robustness and sheer optical and mechanical quality. Your M3 is a jewel. Today all I have after years of using R and M and digital such as the Digilux 2, is a IID "Barnack" and an M2. The current crop of Leica digitals are no longer the sine qua non of the past. I moved from Leica to Fuji for my primary use nearly a lustrum ago and have not looked back. Think about it...

Welcome! And good for you to tackle developing your own film. Try printing it, too, which is lots of fun. I worked doing custom photo printing from film and processing film for 30 years, and there is still magic in watching a latent black and white image emerge on the paper in a tray.

The link above to "Forever Film" will take you to a sister site devoted to film photography, where you could get a lot of pointers -- and more GAS, I'm afraid.

Back