Fuji Please introduce yourselves!

Hi, my name is Pavel and I'm pretty sure some of you will remember me from SeriousCompacts and Mu-43 where I was very active 2-3 years ago :)

Recently I decided to get serious about photography again, but this time instead of purchasing another Micro 4/3 camera I decided to go the Fuji route and purchased an X-E2 with 18-55mm zoom lens and Fujifilm leather half-case. In my opinion, both the camera and the lens are very nice and Fuji seems to have made great progress in terms of AF speed.

You can find my photos on Flickr, although so far not many of them have been taken with the X-E2: Pavel Urusov

15.12.20Tanika001e.jpg

Oops! pushed the button to upload an image (above) before writing the intro! So you can see that I am very new to the forum, but I am also brand new to Fuji cameras. I bought my X-T1 last weekend, after much deliberation and soul-searching. The image of my niece is the first image taken with the camera. I think it is the right choice for the (mostly portraiture) work that I enjoy doing, but it was a tough one given the amount of Nikon gear I have at present. I love the traditional controls, and the light weight compared to the Nikon kit that was wearing on my back after a day out, and I'm looking forward to learning all the tricks to getting the most out of this lovely system. Cheers, Larry Strung. Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

Hi everyone,

I'm Adam!

I use this username (adzman808) on other forums, so you may have "met" me before.

It never hurts to join a new forum!

I'm neither new to photography (not that you'd tell from my work :D) or Fuji.

I have a X-T1 and a X-Pro1 and I'm looking forward to interacting with you!

Cheers
Adam

Hi All.

I'm a refugee from another Fuji forum. Great members, I see many on here, but I developed an allergy to the moderators. I try to support the few forums I join by commenting constructively on people's photos and being an active member of discussion. Hope I feel welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all - just signed up!

I've been using Fuji X series since the X10 came out. A brief history of my ownership...

X10 served me well as backup to the big Nikons. Bought the X100 on release and gave the X10 to my daughter - which did fine until a few months back when it died with the old dead AF problem. She's getting a used X30 for her birthday in a few weeks - Shhhh... she doesn't know :)

Sold the X100 to partly fund the X-T1 and a few lenses (18mm, 35mm and 56mm) - since added the 18-55mm, 90mm, 55-200mm and 10-24mm.
The X-T1 is back with Fuji at the moment with a dead SD card slot and a hotshoe problem - flash only fires on manual - no TTL.

Also bought a used X-E2 recently which I love too. Out and about I tend to use both bodies with a lens on each. Typically 10-24mm on one and either 55-200mm or 90mm on the other.

I still use the big Nikon kit (D800 and a plethora of glass) for the day job, which is mainly Press & PR stuff. But outside of that it's very much Fuji for me :)

Hello all - I'm a 3-1/2 year m4/3 user and got an x100 about a year ago...just acquired an X-E2s about which I'm not too sure - kind of large - with the 18-55, but I like the JPEG images. (Maybe a thumb grip will help?) Different things about each system appeal to me. I used to shoot Minolta and Nikon film SLRs, then Nikon and Pentax DSLRs. I am strictly an amateur hobbyist. Used to do a lot of backpacking in the western U.S.
I've enjoyed this forum for the short time I've been reading and posting. It's friendly.

Hi there,

I'm new to the Fuji system and the this forum. I have been a lightly active member on the Sony Alpha forums for a couple years now I guess. On Friday I purchased a Fuji X-Pro2 with a 23 f1.4. I must say that I am enjoying it so far. I'm looking forward to getting to know my new camera and the users on this forum better.

Hi there,

I'm new to the Fuji system and the this forum. I have been a lightly active member on the Sony Alpha forums for a couple years now I guess. On Friday I purchased a Fuji X-Pro2 with a 23 f1.4. I must say that I am enjoying it so far. I'm looking forward to getting to know my new camera and the users on this forum better.

Congratulations on the XP2 and welcome aboard!

Back