Please welcome me aboard!

Duane Pandorf

Top Veteran
I've got the Ricoh GR Digital III fever and found this forum as a place to help me get acquainted with my new hardware when it arrives.

I've been lugging a DSLR around for a few years now and have finally decided it was time to buy a "decent" compact camera.

I have a major hiking trip planned in June and the DSLR is not going on the trip. The hiking trip is over 11 days and 80 some miles in the mountains of northern New Mexico in June. There will be 13 of us in our crew, 2 of us adults and the rest Boy Scouts.

I've got permission from the "boss" to give B&H Photo some of my business and hope to have the camera in hand later this week when they reopen.

Duane

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing some of your shots when you get the camera. It sounds like a fantastic trip. Good luck.

You can't believe the time I've spent racking my brain trying to make a decision. The GRD came out of left field. Knew nothing about until the last couple days. I work a 7 on 7 off schedule and fortunately this week at work I've had time in the hotel to do some research. I've about bought a G-12 twice, the P7000 3 times. I think you get the picture.

From everything I've read and a couple emails back and forth with others I think I'm making the right decision. I've wanted a "travel" camera for a while now but none of them have done anything for me.

I'm jazzed about this one!

G'day from Down Under Duane. Top choice with the GRDIII - regret selling my GRDII most days. Great place to help you get acquainted with your gear and share the fruits of your hike on your return.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Duane - I can feel your excitement! B&H reopens tomorrow I believe so get ready - and promise to let us know what you think once you get her fired up and take some photographs!:D

Back