Leica Pls suggest me about choosing my tele-lens

I'd like to second the recommendations for the Summarits. I own both the 75 and the 90 (as well as the 35) and they are al terrific. I usually shoot with a 35mm or 50mm as my main lens, and will take either the 75mm with the 35mm or the 90mm (and 28mm) with the 50mm for an outing.

I slightly prefer 50mm to 35mm, so I use my 90mm more often than my 75mm, but both are outstanding with plenty of "Leica Glow".

Has someone tried the Nikkor 10.5cm f/4 T, preset? A strange bird in the Nikkor 10.5/105 group of lenses, indeed. I have seen excellent shots from the F-mount version - but I guess this type is mostly a collectors item now.

And by the way - I think I've found a very good copy of the Nikkor 10.5/2.5 P.C in LTM with hood and caps, and at a nice price too. I'm waiting for a little more info from the seller, though.

I´m surprised no one has suggested the Minolta M-Rokkor 90mm 4.0. Reputedly designed by Leica, It´s compact, light and a terrific performer. I bought mine in mint condition, with original rubber hood and pouch for about $375. Sample shot on the M6TTL:

6933115753_9ac81a0187_b.jpg

En el Paseo Gautier Benítez by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

I have since bought a 90mm 2.5 Summarit, mostly for the added speed and for the convenience of 6 bit coding, but I have kept my Rokkor.

Cheers,

Antonio

Has someone tried the Nikkor 10.5cm f/4 T, preset? A strange bird in the Nikkor 10.5/105 group of lenses, indeed. I have seen excellent shots from the F-mount version - but I guess this type is mostly a collectors item now.

And by the way - I think I've found a very good copy of the Nikkor 10.5/2.5 P.C in LTM with hood and caps, and at a nice price too. I'm waiting for a little more info from the seller, though.

I've never used one, it was not popular. The lens was Nikon's answer to the Mountain Elmar and Zeiss Triotar. Olden camera sold these through to the 1970s, new old stock. The version in F-Mount is uncommon, S-mount is rare. The 10.5cm F2.5 is a much better lens, and cost less.

Back