Plunging into a nearly frozen Lake Placid - my first action shots w/X-T2

rixpix

Regular
Name
Rick
I mostly shoot static subjects with primes and focus manually. I'm new to Fuji and found myself with an opportunity to take some action shots. Not knowing anything about the venue in advance I threw on the kit zoom. I set ISO at 200 and aperture at f/5.6 and let the camera do the rest. This set were all shot with the 18-55 set around 20.5mm. I'm pretty happy with the results, though I did feel like I was just pointing & shooting compared to what I usually do.

If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed a little closer to shore to isolate the closest jumper against the sky rather than the boat house (I was sitting at the back of a docked boat). C&C welcome.

JB1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JB2.jpg

JB3.jpg

JB4.jpg

JB5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rixpix, very. Nice photos but where the hell is it?
Thanks. Lake Placid, in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York (two time Winter Olympic venue). Lake Placid is the name of both this lake and the village. If the boat house weren't blocking the view, Whiteface Mountain is just to the left of the mountains you see.

No wonder it's cold then. There is a tradition in Hyde Park Lake, London that on New Years Day that some hardy folks break the ice and take a little swim, I hasten to add not me matey.:flypig:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back