poetic images

"Et la vie sépare ceux qui s'aiment,
Tout doucement, sans faire de bruit.
Et la mer efface sur le sable,
Les pas des amants désunis."
Les feuilles mortes, Jacques Prévert

View attachment 304014
Thanks for the Prévert poem enriching this beautiful photo, I love his way of writing. So much insight in life and people with so much sympathy and empathy. And once you've heard them sung by Juliette Gréco you reallize what true art can be. No sadness but sometimes a nice touch of melancholy.
Attached one of my early favourites (click to enlarge).

Attachments

• Prévert.jpg
    Prévert.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 77
43207293625_1018c90496_o (2).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Minus the feet that fitted the shoes
what, how and why.......when, where and whose
not missed; just carelessly dumped in the street
the mystery of the mystery mans feet!

Maybe not needed, or even not wanted
facing each way, but proudly undaunted
where are you now, with your feet not so fleet

A sight for the camera often repeated
toes, heel and sole....completely "de-feeted"
what is now shod on his plates of meat?

50797579237_31b131d16c_o (1).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Robert lived in a big house. His kids have flown the coop, his wife passed on some time ago. He is moving to a new and smaller place to be near family. His last day here. The removal people are moving his possessions out onto the van. Sadness like a weight hangs in the air.

(*** I took the publicity photos of the house for a realtor/estate agent some months before. I had a long chat with Robert. We had both lost our partners and I told him that once my home had been emptied onto the van....it was no longer my home and was just an empty brick and mortar box....devoid of any personality and memories. He hoped that was the case. I was surprised when, some months later, the agency asked me to return to take one last shot of Robert in the house at his request. I was honoured to oblige and I hoped that this photo did what he had hoped for.

View attachment 399763

Robert lived in a big house. His kids have flown the coop, his wife passed on some time ago. He is moving to a new and smaller place to be near family. His last day here. The removal people are moving his possessions out onto the van. Sadness like a weight hangs in the air.

(*** I took the publicity photos of the house for a realtor/estate agent some months before. I had a long chat with Robert. We had both lost our partners and I told him that once my home had been emptied onto the van....it was no longer my home and was just an empty brick and mortar box....devoid of any personality and memories. He hoped that was the case. I was surprised when, some months later, the agency asked me to return to take one last shot of Robert in the house at his request. I was honoured to oblige and I hoped that this photo did what he had hoped for.
A close friend of mine's mother passed away this year and he told me something similar in that once all the furniture and possessions had been moved out of the family home which he'd been in at childhood, it did indeed become an empty box devoid of personality and memories. No hankering after the old place at all.

Back