Feedback Polarr Photo Editor 3

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
re the Chromebook question: It depends on the hardware - if you're limited to 2GB RAM, I wouldn't advise using it; I still use it occasionally, but it'll always reduce export size, so in spite of its handy tools, it's not capable of giving me the quality I want. But again, that's caused by the amount of RAM available.

M.

kevistopheles

Top Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
I would be hesitant to run it in Chrome because Chrome's tendency to hog RAM. That said I use the app on both my Mac and iPad and it works very well. I liked it so much that I paid for the "Pro" version ($5) and have been using it paired with Adobe Bridge (free) as my imaging workflow.

Polarr's tool set is small but pretty useful. So far I am not finding myself missing the tools from C1P or Lightroom. Now, I have been shooting primarily JPEG while using Polarr and because it uses whatever RAW engine is tied to the OS (on the Mac it is Adobe RAW) so the RAW converter won't be as nice as other options available depending on the kind of camera you are using. For instance Adobe RAW doesn't do the best job with Fuji X-Trans RAW files.

Last edited:

Petach

Hall of Famer
Oct 22, 2011
UK, Essex
Peter Tachauer

kevistopheles

Top Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Just discovered Polarr Pro. Like it a lot: Currently use Kapa in the Modern palette in Polarr and tweak in LR.

Tower Bridge BW
by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

St Paul's BW 2

St Paul's BW 1

Shard BW

Coffee Cup & Glasses

Sous-Terrain

Through a glass, darkly

Maldon BW
Just curious, why would you tweak in LR?

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom