Poll about What Camera Professional Photographers Use.

Ha ha! I was recently a guest at a wedding and their photographer was taking at least 10 shots of every situation without moving his camera. He was taking way too many to be bracketing so I figured he must like editing (a lot).
A 'hired' photographer is quite different from a 'professional' photographer who understands that the many aspects to his/her craft (for non-sporting events) seldom have any relationship to the number of frames captured for a given shot.
There are lots of 'hired' photographers who understand little about their craft, which explains why they very often purchase and use $50-80 plastic light modifiers, which do little to soften the light cast onto the subjects in a photo but a lot to consume battery power.

A bit surprising, but I think I tend to forget what the actual group of professional photographers looks like.

I used a camera for this. Seemed a better way to me.
IMG_8559.jpeg

Psst. The camera used to make an image tells you nothing about the photographer who made that image, nor about the camera. 🤫🤫🤫
Well, it does and it doesn't. If a great image is taken with an RX100 and a sub-mediocre with an A1, I'd go as far as to state there is fair chance the guy wielding the RX100 might be a bit more talented. Could also be chance, but what I just lined out is something I see happening even here, consistently. Not that better cameras make lesser pictures, but greater photographers produce higher and more consistent quality regardless of the gear.

Well, it does and it doesn't. If a great image is taken with an RX100 and a sub-mediocre with an A1, I'd go as far as to state there is fair chance the guy wielding the RX100 might be a bit more talented. Could also be chance, but what I just lined out is something I see happening even here, consistently. Not that better cameras make lesser pictures, but greater photographers produce higher and more consistent quality regardless of the gear.
There is a large variety of reasons an individual photographer might choose one brand or one model over another. I shoot with Canon because I mainly buy used gear and there's more used Canon inventory than any other brand. It has nothing to do with Canon being better than Nikon or Sony or Fuji. My decision was purely financial and I have no regrets. Canon has taken care of me. If I make a picture that's less than I thought it should be, it's never the camera's fault. I assume that would be true with other brands as well.

But a viewer could never reverse engineer any of that rationale by looking at an image.

There's a thread here called something like, post one image from every camera you've owned. I posted six. If you took away all the text and EXIF in my post, I guarantee you couldn't tell which image was made with which camera. On the other hand, if you mixed up my six pictures with all the other images in the thread, you could probably pick out my work.

Back