Fuji Poor focus peaking in EVF in low light -X100T

Hi all,

Just received my X100T and I've found that focus peaking is virtually non-existant in the EVF in low light. On the LCD it's great, but near impossible to see in the EVF. It seems that others have noted this problem, and I just wondered if anyone in this group has experienced this issue?

Have you tried using the other colours for the focus peaking? Maybe some colours will show better in low light? I'm fairly new to the X100T also, and I haven't used focus peaking yet but from what I gather that may help you?

I think this has been the same complaint with the X100/X100S, X-E1 and X-Pro1 as well. I don't know about the X-T1 and X-E2. It seems to be the normal, but these cameras can only choose white for the peaking color. Perhaps as mentioned above another color might be more visible

I've tried all of the colours, with the same results. I don't have the same issue on the XT-1, and as I said - focus peaking works fine on the rear LCD even in low light.

Given its fine on the rear LCD, I'd think it could be corrected by Fuji on a firmware upgrade.

In the meantime, I'll stick to AF in low light!

I have the same issue on my XE1 but focus peaking in the EVF is problematic on other cameras as well. I've tried it on the Sony NEX 5n, NEX6 and a6000 as well and it was pretty terrible.

I have the same issue on my XE1 but focus peaking in the EVF is problematic on other cameras as well. I've tried it on the Sony NEX 5n, NEX6 and a6000 as well and it was pretty terrible.
100% agreed. I didn't have the A6000 but the 5n, 6, and 7 and FP via EVF doesn't work any better in low-light and that includes situations where I could easily focus manually with a 50 year old SLR. BTW I'm often amazed at the colors, contrast and lack of noise on the screen of my old X10 in situations where I can barely see or read anything at all. In the same light my (ex-)NEXes only show a noisy mess.

Hi all,

Just received my X100T and I've found that focus peaking is virtually non-existant in the EVF in low light. On the LCD it's great, but near impossible to see in the EVF. It seems that others have noted this problem, and I just wondered if anyone in this group has experienced this issue?

Go through the menus to turn off "exposure preview".

Back