Portraits, any camera, any color, any subject

Quick one - but there is a lot of redness overall; reflected onto the poloneck as well as a bright redness in the shirt. Tricky to edit and your best bet still is the B&W version

1673678682586 reds 1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BIG TIME THANKS-EVERYONE!!!

I did in fact spend quite a bit of time touching this pic up. I started as @WhidbeyLVR suggested by reducing saturation by half. I made lots of tweaks, retweaks, restarts and at least 1 return to square 2. Also snuck in diddleing with some presets and experimenting with adjustment I’ve never tried before.
Below is the best I could get to.

1674418461006.jpeg

BIG TIME THANKS-EVERYONE!!!

I did in fact spend quite a bit of time touching this pic up. I started as @WhidbeyLVR suggested by reducing saturation by half. I made lots of tweaks, retweaks, restarts and at least 1 return to square 2. Also snuck in diddleing with some presets and experimenting with adjustment I’ve never tried before.
Below is the best I could get to.

View attachment 360082
I am curious as to what one of the “good” images with a less good facial expression looks like.

@bobriess
I want to thank for your DM. Being a gentleman you didn’t want to breach any rules re: C+C. IMHO it’s never wrong to reply to a question that was asked on the main board.

@Irene McC
A while ago I looked at Capture 1 for it tethering strength. Since they have created that red skin adjustment I know it wasn’t my fault. I’ve had this problem on a couple of occasions. Just looked at it again at your suggestion.

@WhidbeyLVR
I was in a bit of a hurry to try putting together an album. Those pix were shunted aside in the first cull. I’m sure they’re still in camera I’ll try to remember looking for them.

There is little girl in Laos named Laura (they spell it ຫຼໍລາ with two L sounds, one high one low) after my late mother. When my "son" there asked me to name his new daughter, I asked for a day or two to think of an appropriate Hmong or Lao name, since the only name I could think of was that of my mother, who had died a year before to the day. He said Laura was good and named his daughter after a kind and tolerant woman, who nonetheless knew her mind and was no pushover. The little girl named after her has a mind of her own too and holds her own around her older brother and younger male cousins. (There was a flurry of babies arriving all within 3 or 4 years - 7 in all. ) After three and a half years, I will be seeing her again next month. Doting granddad?
Why yes, since you asked.

Why yes.
P2110564.JPG
P2110566.JPG
P2110571.JPG
P2110572.JPG
P2110578.JPG

In the early 1950's my father owned a camera store, called "Flash Camera", in the Bronx, NY. My father, however, was unable to take a good picture or even one in focus. Among his customers was WeeGee, a photo of whom is my avatar. It was taken in his store. I recently found two stereo slides someone took of my father at that time. I scanned one half of each stereo slide. I guess it was Kodachrome.

leon1.jpg
leon3.jpg

Last edited:
My friend Kat loves to experiment with wardrobe for fun.

Sometimes abstract is worthwhile
tf855746.jpg

A quick wardrobe rebuild for a photo shoot is reasonable with a day and a half notice
tf825745.jpg

Costume for a theatre performance is something that must be done

tf778562~01.jpg

Paper dresses are exciting but not recommended when it rains
tf823709.jpg

Last edited:
In the early 1950's my father owned a camera store, called "Flash Camera", in the Bronx, NY. My father, however, was unable to take a good picture or even one in focus. Among his customers was WeeGee, a photo of whom is my avatar. It was taken in his store. I recently found two stereo slides someone took of my father at that time. I scanned one half of each stereo slide. I guess it was Kodachrome.

View attachment 365069View attachment 365070
Any idea where in the Bronx or what address?

I took these yesterday in Placerville, California at their Golden History Day celebration/parade/antique fair and processed them with a preset I whipped up in Silver Efex from Nik Essentials:

23067643-topazAI137-denoise-silverefex-golder-rush.jpeg

23068125-topazAI137-denoise-silverefex-golder-rush.jpeg

23067844-topazAI137-denoise-silverefex-golder-rush.jpeg

23068022-topazAI137-denoise-silverefex-golder-rush.jpeg

23067718-topazAI137-denoise-silverefex-golder-rush.jpeg

23067774-topazAI137-denoise-silverefex-golder-rush.jpeg

23067640-topazAI137-denoise-silverefex-golder-rush.jpeg

Waiting for some business...

23067727-topazAI137-denoise-silverefex-golder-rush.jpeg

This might be his business partner

23067644-topazAI137-denoise-silverefex-golder-rush.jpeg

Back