Film Portraits of Your FILM Gear

image.jpg
Here's my black paint MP with a Leicavit sitting on a stack of fiber based paper. That's a 50mm dual range Summicron attached, I love this combo except for the fact that the lens is chrome. Shot this with my MM, there's some irony in this somewhere.

My Voigtlander Bessa R - nice camera to use (does feel a little cheap though) and pleasantly surprising Jupiter 50mm f/2 (which is actually cheap!)

P4052451.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not a particularly flattering portrait

P9270169.jpg

Which resulted in this on Velvia 50 - the slide looked better than the scan but the vibrant red/Velvia combo was over-powering

D1030003.JPG

What are your thoughts on the BESSA R4M? Nice line up BTW!

I love the R4M. The rangefinder was bright as hell. If I had to get another Bessa though it would probably be an R3M. I pretty much choose the R4M because at the time i had a 28mm Elmarit that I was using with an M8. I figured the R4M had more framelines for all the lenses I had (28, 35, 50). Turns out I hated wide shooting and the frames for 50mm on this camera were too small. So that's when I moved to the M6 with the .85 finder.

Here's a photo of my recently acquired Konica Autoreflex T with 57/1.4 next to my NEX-6 with a Pen F 38/1.8. The Konica is in great physical shape, but the light meter doesn't work, even with fresh 675s installed. Granted, the batteries may be NOS that have been hanging on a shelf a long time, but no worries. I paid less for the T + 57/1.4 + 40/1.8 lenses than some on eBay ask for the 40 by itself. The lenses are in fantastic shape, so no big deal. My wife just rolled her eyes when I told her it was another display piece for my little camera museum. :D

cameras.JPG

Back