Film Portraits of Your FILM Gear

Picked up my Pen D3 this morning. Meter button is jammed, which the seller had disclosed, but the camera is in otherwise excellent shape. I loaded it with Agfa Vista 200 Plus. Second image shows how small it is compared to my Pen F. I'm going to add a wrist strap.

TT

Pen D3.jpg

Pen D3a.jpg

Picked up my Pen D3 this morning. Meter button is jammed, which the seller had disclosed, but the camera is in otherwise excellent shape. I loaded it with Agfa Vista 200 Plus. Second image shows how small it is compared to my Pen F. I'm going to add a wrist strap.

The great thing is that the meter isn't coupled so you can shoot manual anyway. My D2 meter seemed to under-expose anyway - worthwhile getting a meter app for your phone or an external meter - a few of my older cameras seem to be just a bit off.

Love your Pen F - I need to seriously start searching for one of these beauties . . .

Yeah, the uncoupled meter was a selling point for me. I do have a metering app for my phone. Not sure yet how accurate it is.

It seems prices have come down a bit on Pen F bodies. It is a great little camera, but the view finder on the Pen D3 is much brighter. It will take some time to get used to the uncoupled view finder, as I'm used to seeing the focus change as I twist the ring. Scale focusing is different.

TT

My "new" Mamiya 645 1000S in beautiful condition. Currently loaded with Portra 400. I'm afraid my first image from it is going to be rubbish. I was trying to capture a scene in my front yard with strong light & shadows and foliage colors. Crouched low to frame the image, I was surprised by the mirror/shutter slap, and I think I flinched. Live and learn.

TT

M645.jpg

I have too many, but it's hard for me to let them go. There's more, but I don't have pics readily available. :)

M1180075.jpg

Well used OM-4T + G.Zuiko 50/1.4
M1200014.jpg

A very well cared for OM-1n MD + miJ 50/1.8
M1230006-2.jpg

And a lovely 35 RD.

Not shown: OM-2n MD, 35 SPn (coming tomorrow), and an Olympus ∞ Stylus Epic (a.k.a µ[mju:]-II).

If you don't mind my asking, for how much did you acquire that 40/2 lens? There is one locally that seems to be a good deal and it's taking every bit of constraint to resist buying it.

$489

Hurt a little to pay that when I bought and sold the same lens for far lens many years ago. But I love that lens!

Back