Film Portraits of Your FILM Gear

Nice. Is that the FE? I ran a roll through one this summer. Great camera.

Yup. With a cheap Nikon E 28mm. While I find that electronics in cameras can make for a real hit&miss buying experience - they just don't age well - my enjoyment of photography is made much better with aperture priority shooting. Just one less thing to worry about.

I took out a couple of Nikons over the last few days - the FE & FA. Two things I really missed - somewhere to put my thumb and a fore-grip (my FA came with a winder & the seller didn't have the removable grip). Ended up using the tension between my wrist-strap and camera lug much more than I would have thought. A clever woodworker or 3D printer needs to get on to making some inexpensive grips.

Looks like a bit of fungus developing on this old Nikon E 50 f1.8... time to send it over the golden rainbow...

Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pentax Spotmatic & its 55mm f1.8 lens are looking rather fine on the other hand

Olympus Pen F & Zuiko 25mm f4

Collapsible Summicron- probably 1956?
My favorite Summicron. I have two "Hot-Glass" Summicrons and one M-Mount. One of the Hot-Glass was opaque when received, went in for a polish and new coating.

I went on a buying spree for inexpensive IR cut filters when i bought the M8 nine years ago. I did one test, found the IR contamination was significant. I picked up "Hot Mirror" and other filters sold in the 90s when the first generation of DSLR's had the same problem. On my fast lenses and some telephotos I use them on the M9.

A few from my collection. All functional, but I rarely use anything outside the Mamiya or the Yashica.

It certainly looks like it. Two thumbs up. :2thumbs:

Yup. My E-P1 died about 8mths ago so I was pining for some 12mp first gen m43's action again - picked this up a few weeks ago and slapped an aki-asahi skin on it to 'debrand' it for stealth-mode :) Picture turned out better than I expected - almost a military gray.

I really hate to say this, but I don't know if anyone else has noticed that we're actually in the "Film" section ... I think I may have started the fork into digital with the M8. Apologies for that ... :hiding:

M.
Honestly, I forget where the line is between where the Leica film M cameras end and the digital ones begin!!

I would not have readily caught that had you not said something! :D

Back