Feedback Possibility for a Lighting forum?

JensM

Hall of Famer
Having shuffled a bit back and forth, searching, reading and with a blinding flash of the obvious, I would like to suggest a forum in the "other gear" segment in regards of lighting, for your consideration.

Covering all sort of "non-natural" lighting stuff: On camera speed-lights, off camera flash, 1, 2, many units set-ups etcetera as well as techniques, gear and all sorts which relates to artificial lighting and manipulation of that.

There are some nice treads here in that regard, but they seem to be spread and somewhat buried all over the place.

My impression is that the treads tend to end up in the forum which houses the camera system the OP uses, and it would/could possibly open up for getting more discussions going on the topic, if it got its own easy to find "home" so to speak.

Where does something like this goes:

E-30_JAK_2010-P8142810_Ew.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We have a lightning thread going here
Thanks Bobby (and @davidzvi ).

However, I think that some people (myself included) think that there should be a separate sub-forum (similar to printing) under other gear and techniques.

Perhaps moving that existing thread into the new sub-forum would be a good start?

Just FWIW.

Thanks Bobby (and @davidzvi ).

However, I think that some people (myself included) think that there should be a separate sub-forum (similar to printing) under other gear and techniques.

Perhaps moving that existing thread into the new sub-forum would be a good start?

Just FWIW.
I wasn't disagreeing with a new sub forum. Just showing the thread for anyone who didn't know about it.

I like the idea of adding a sub-forum as well. It would be easier to justify creation of such if there were at least a good handful of threads with which it could be seeded.

Are there any other lighting-related threads lying about that could help serve this purpose and form a critical mass?

- K

I like the idea of adding a sub-forum as well. It would be easier to justify creation of such if there were at least a good handful of threads with which it could be seeded.

Are there any other lighting-related threads lying about that could help serve this purpose and form a critical mass?

- K
Unfortunately no. We were just using the one thread. At the time there were not many people posting work with lighting.

Back