Announcement Possible Security Breach at FujiXspot

Amin

Hall of Famer
As some of you know, our sister site SeriousCompacts.com was hacked yesterday due to a vBulletin forum software exploit. That security hole has been addressed, this site does not appear to have been hacked, and I am not aware of any breach of our database, member emails, or passwords.

However, the fact that they hacked another forum on the same server means that it is possible that they somehow accessed secure information for this forum as well. Anyone who has setup an account here is encouraged to change their password both on this site and also on any other website that uses an identical or similar password.

I apologize for this breach of security and will continue to do my best to prevent things like this from happening.

Unfortunately I had to uninstall vBSEO to improve site security, which means that our Thanks button is gone. I will install a different one as soon as I can, but the Thanks counts are going to have to start over :(.

It's a small price to pay, Amin. Many thanks for sorting it out; I am sure we all appreciate that this is not your "day job" and your time, dedication and effort to make - and keep - this and your other forums a good place to be is greatly appreciated.

Sent from another Galaxy

Unfortunately I had to uninstall vBSEO to improve site security, which means that our Thanks button is gone. I will install a different one as soon as I can, but the Thanks counts are going to have to start over :(.

Darn. I was just popping in to say "hey, the Thanks button disappeared" but I guess I know why now. Oh well!

I'll take security over Thanks counts any day :D

It's a small price to pay, Amin. Many thanks for sorting it out; I am sure we all appreciate that this is not your "day job" and your time, dedication and effort to make - and keep - this and your other forums a good place to be is greatly appreciated.

Sent from another Galaxy

I couldn't have possibly put it better. Amin, I'm sorry for all this extra work and appreciate all your efforts very much.

A note here to thank and encourage our real members for hitting the report this post button whenever they see something that doesn't look right.

Thanks for all your help!

Every cloud has a silver lining. I've just had an email from a nice Nigerian man who says he is forum member telling me I am going to get a million dollars if I send my bank details. What should I do?

Back