Announcement Possible Security Breach at LeicaPlace.com

Amin

Hall of Famer
As some of you know, our sister site SeriousCompacts.com was hacked yesterday due to a vBulletin forum software exploit. That security hole has been addressed, this site does not appear to have been hacked, and I am not aware of any breach of our database, member emails, or passwords.

However, the fact that they hacked another forum on the same server means that it is possible that they somehow accessed secure information for this forum as well. Anyone who has setup an account here is encouraged to change their password both on this site and also on any other website that uses an identical or similar password.

I apologize for this breach of security and will continue to do my best to prevent things like this from happening.

Unfortunately I had to uninstall vBSEO to improve site security, which means that our Thanks button is gone. I will install a different one as soon as I can, but the Thanks counts are going to have to start over :(.

Thank you for letting us all know. As Bill pointed out over on SC, the forums are not your life and your non cyber life is quite full. Thanks for all that you do behind the scenes in all of these wonderful discussion forums.

Back