Challenge! Post an image of yours related to the one above it!

_DSC5482-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pacers, Italy.

Dang. I've watched too many episodes of "Wild Things" and other similar shows. That thing looks deadly just sitting there.
It is deadly. The wife keeps warning me to exercise extreme awareness and caution about redbacks which I've always dismissed. You see, in the UK, spiders are your friend, they have a purpose and deal with all sorts of things for you around the house. I keep getting told not to have this attitude in Australia. "Never seen one" I kept saying for the last 15 years until the wife shouted out from the garden the other day "er, have you got a macro lens?". Tell you what, as soon as I see that sight, I'm definitely reaching for the bug killer spray can.

It is deadly. The wife keeps warning me to exercise extreme awareness and caution about redbacks which I've always dismissed. You see, in the UK, spiders are your friend, they have a purpose and deal with all sorts of things for you around the house. I keep getting told not to have this attitude in Australia. "Never seen one" I kept saying for the last 15 years until the wife shouted out from the garden the other day "er, have you got a macro lens?". Tell you what, as soon as I see that sight, I'm definitely reaching for the bug killer spray can.

They arent *that* bad. Redback won't kill you, but its bite is extremely painful and will swell up to heck, and they do have antivenom at hospitals. The Sydney Funnel Web is the one you need to be careful of. Do not leave your shoes outside the house, or if you do, make sure there are no new residents when you want to put them back on. A stick is good. And make sure that they cant get in the house. I found one in my bed years back when I was living in a poorly sealed garden flat in Collaroy.

They arent *that* bad. Redback won't kill you, but its bite is extremely painful and will swell up to heck, and they do have antivenom at hospitals. The Sydney Funnel Web is the one you need to be careful of. Do not leave your shoes outside the house, or if you do, make sure there are no new residents when you want to put them back on. A stick is good. And make sure that they cant get in the house. I found one in my bed years back when I was living in a poorly sealed garden flat in Collaroy.
“Check your shoes”, yes I’m familiar with that order.

Back