Challenge! Post an image of yours related to the one above it!

_DSC5690-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well if that doesn't demand a backstory I don't know what does - what happened?
Wish I knew. There were several old abandoned houses in what is known as the 3rd ward area of Houston (historically high crime and low income area) that someone spray painted messages on. I stopped by in the light of day to grab some images. I believe it was someone's commentary on the area.

36472364230_b9b2c24df2_k.jpg

Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse {01_04} by Andrew Priest, on Flickr
Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse and Quarters was an important link in the development of coastal lights which eventually circled mainland Australia, following an inter-colonial conference held in 1873 that recognised the need for additional lights along the Australian coastline.

The Chance Brothers lens and optical equipment is still in operation in the lighthouse and is a piece of precision engineering equipment which has continued in perfect working order since 1903.

45883270094_c2c33ce4ad_k.jpg

Château de Beaufort - Goudet - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D2-20 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The Château de Beaufort is a ruined castle located along the upper reaches of the Loire River in France. It is near the village of Goudet in the département of Haute-Loire, in the Auvergne region. It was built in the 13th century and modified in the 15th and 16th centuries.

Built for surveillance and domination of the Loire valley, the castle provides an interesting example of how a 13th-century feudal castle could be adapted to the evolution of military construction, notable with the development of artillery. During the Hundred Years' War and the Wars of Religion it was of historical importance but after the French Revolution it fell victim to a gradual abandonment which reduced it to the state of ruin.

Robert Louis Stevenson stopped here on his trip documented in Travels with a Donkey in the Cévennes (1879).

"In this pleasant humour I came down the hill to where Goudet stands in a green end of a valley, with Château Beaufort opposite upon a rocky steep, and the stream, as clear as crystal, lying in a deep pool between them."

Back