Challenge! Post an image of yours related to the one above it!

Alphra (13).JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

50729213107_4751ad50e5_h.jpg

Pink and White Amongst the Chaos - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D8-27 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

We are now continuing our descent of the Pic de Finiels having passed through the hamlet of Finiels, to enter an area of large of granite boulders, known as chaos in French.

Day 8 of 12 – Le Bleymard to Le Pont de Montvert: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

39660495553_37a396d187_h.jpg

Looking south to Mt Vincent - Monadnocks National Park by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

This was to be the last training walk before Ibu Anne took on the Oxfam Trailwalker 50km. Just a short one, 12 km circuit over Mt Cuthbert and Mt Vincent. At this point of the walk, we had joined the Bibbulmun Track and were closing in on the summit of Mt Cuthbert, the rain had hit, the southerly wind picked up and it was freezing on the exposed granite outcrops of Mt Cuthbert when I paused to photograph Mt Vincent to our south and our next and last peak for the day.

On a positive note, Ibu Anne having completed the 50 km walk, ticked off the Trailwalker in early October 2018.

48592158766_57b5dafc31_h.jpg

Station of the Cross - Notre-Dame de Tous Graces - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D5-14 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The path from the Refuge du Moure to the Notre-Dame de Tous Graces is marked by 12 Stations of the Cross. This is one of the stations. They were all hard to photograph so I limited myself to this one as an example.

Day 5 of 12 - Le Cheylard l’Evèque to La Bastide-Puylaurent: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Back