Challenge! Post an image of yours related to the one above it!

DSCF2361.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

When I got into the lift (sorry, elevator) at the Rockefeller centre to go to the top, the woman advised me not to bother since visibility was zero. However, with only a few hours to spare in the middle of a business trip, I decided to go up anyhow. I was rewarded with some stunning views of the tallest buildings poking up above the fog. As the sun set, the sky took on a nice orange/pink colour and the lights came on in the Empire State Building. Definitely a case of being in the right place at the right time!

Above all else, this photo was the final step in convincing me to switch entirely from my Canon FF gear (5dii) to Olympus m43. This was taken with the lowly E-PL5 and I screwed up the shot by shooting it at f1.8. But it's more than sharp enough even with this snafu. I'd left the Canon stuff at home and had taken the little Oly and two lenses only with me to NYC - the 17 and the 45. This is with the 45. I figured out that I couldn't have made any better photo with the Canon gear and it would have weighed a ton and taken up more space in my baggage than I had.

11976433596_a33e7c43c7_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Misty sunset over the Empire State Building by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back