Nikon Showcase Post Nikon Df Photos

Matero I occasionally use the Nikon picture controls but have both my DSLRs (D300 and Df) set to the Ektachrome P control which I like very much. Generally the Ektachrome underexposes by 2/3rds of a stop which suits me as it strengthens the colour. They are not all suitable for me and if you find one you like stick with it. Not everyone likes them but the do allow you use them for different subjects. They don’t however always compare well with the original film look.
Ben

Trying out my 50mm f1.4 ais which is a joy to use on the Df. and using a combination of Ektachrome P and Kodachrome 50s sim
IMG_2232.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Matero I occasionally use the Nikon picture controls but have both my DSLRs (D300 and Df) set to the Ektachrome P control which I like very much. Generally the Ektachrome underexposes by 2/3rds of a stop which suits me as it strengthens the colour. They are not all suitable for me and if you find one you like stick with it. Not everyone likes them but the do allow you use them for different subjects. They don’t however always compare well with the original film look.
Ben
Ben, good to hear someone else is using these, as well. I have so quick routine nowadays in Lightroom, that I wonder whether I'll use these. I'm going to test a bit and let's see then. Maybe for quick moody pictures to share in web.

Whilst making my wife a cup of coffee I forgot to set my Df’s iso and didn’t realise until I was halfway through the exposure. The resulting image was full of movement! However I decided to keep the image as I liked the pastel colours produced by my error. Feel free to shoot it down (Image 1)
Both shot with m/f 50mm f1.4 ais
DSC_8388.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Back