Nikon Showcase Post Nikon Df Photos

DSC_3897.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC_3912.jpg

A cold day at the beach is better than a warm day at work.

I thought it was about time I tried out my Nikkor 50mm f1.4 ais on my Df. I hadn’t used it since the days of my F3 and I was pleasantly surprised by the result.
I just used mine after a long time. I found it to be maybe a bit low contrast 🤔 The light on that day was also challenging and I wasn't used the Df for some time. So, maybe it was to blame on the driver's seat, after all 😄

I just used mine after a long time. I found it to be maybe a bit low contrast 🤔 The light on that day was also challenging and I wasn't used the Df for some time. So, maybe it was to blame on the driver's seat, after all 😄
I used my pre-ai converted 50mm f1.4 manual focus lens on these. It’s not easy to use as I have been using af lenses for some time. However I do like the result from one of the last pre-ai serial number lens.
Can you not increase the contrast in pp?

I used my pre-ai converted 50mm f1.4 manual focus lens on these. It’s not easy to use as I have been using af lenses for some time. However I do like the result from one of the last pre-ai serial number lens.
Can you not increase the contrast in pp?
Yes, I could increase, but just for the limit without looking artificial. And as said, the weather/light was challenging as well.

Custom picture controls

Lazy-a*s as I am, I haven't been fun of camera picture controls. With Fuji X-T1 and x100s I used these to shoot SOOC jpeg. I popped into question about Custom Picture Controls and Df in Facebook. Decided to give it a go.

I downloaded three Ektar, Gold and T-Max from nikonpc.com. First test here. Let's see if I'll add extra step to my photography, RAW retouch in camera to get moody jpegs.

DF0_1151.jpeg

GOLD

DF0_1153.jpeg

EKTAR

DF0_1152.jpeg

T-MAX

Back