Post Pandemic, how many times do you shoot a month....

For several years now I shoot daily. The second daily contest I'm in (hosted by Matt) has reached day 888. Wow !!!
Again a "Schnapszahl" as we German-speaking call it. I'll raise my glass to you, master of the lenses, if you permit with a 12-year-old Highland single malt (a Glen Grant ... not the Glen Livet export stuff) instead of Schnaps. Thanks Matt for your perseverance, the daily surprise with music, a lot of which I would otherwise not have listened to or come to know, and all those who've been with us on the long run and kept this thread interesting, multifaceted and highly personal.

Not enough.

Though I really didn't cut back during the height of the pandemic because I'd hop in my pickup and go for a long drive, camera in hand as a way to deal with being home when not working (hotel was considered important).

Now that I'm back on evening shift instead of overnights, well, I hope to get more shooting accomplished.

I haven't shot much in months now. In fact I barely touched any of my cameras within the past ~two months. The staggering heat we had in Central Europe / Germany was one of those reasons, general lack of motivation and any sort of creativity is the bigger reason, another smaller reason would be quite an amount of working hours. Some casual cat pictures aside, I didn't even take a camera on a casual stroll out in the woods. I guess I simply hit one of my annual motivation lows which might last a while.
With summer approaching an end and my favourite season of the year approaching, I really hope I'll find the will to go out and shoot again soon.

Back