Post Pandemic, how many times do you shoot a month....

Every shot counts - cell phone, camera, or drone. I don't care if its studio, macro, BIF, or other, at home, far away, on your lunch break.

I probably image 2 times a week, sometimes it's just a yard macro or table top image of fossils - other times it's a hour or so. Way down from say retirement to about 12 years after retirement. Now at 17 years after retirement (am 72 now) with a disability more careful of where I go as well as shooting a lot more video which requires a longer and more difficult post processing. One good video or image is all I want and so far it's working and keeping me engaged. What's your story?

I shot at least a few everyday for the Day-to-Day challenge. I probably average 15-20 shots a day with a wide standard deviation. The iPhone 12 was the first phone cam that I really found acceptable and it shows in my photography. A definite plus overall because it is always with me. One of my favorite mental (photography) games is thinking of how Cartier-Bresson would have used a smartphone as a camera.

I shoot 0 to a thousand plus shots daily unless it’s raining. Zero because on some days when I’m out, there’s really nothing that will entice me from turning on the camera.

I am somewhat in the same league that I always has been, when not having assigned tasks of sorts. I am a period shooter.

Rutting for a periode, then a periode of "hyperactivity" then another rut, and so the cycles continue.

I shoot *a lot* more than I did before 2020 - even though I've been shooting very regularily over the last ten years. Initiating the Single In and Daily-cum-Today challenges have turned photography into a daily (and cherished) routine. I *need* at least one usable shot per day, but on a good one, I come home with half a dozen or more (more than twenty when I have time for a dedicated photo walk). Conveniently, my long-term average has been seven shots a day for quite some time now (not counting assignments).

M.

I shoot the same if not more. Photography was an experience which helped ease the stress and isolation of the pandemic for me. And when I get the chance to shoot on the street now, I am like a kid in a candy store since there was so little of that for over two years. But as a kind of ritual it helped give structure to a difficult time, I'm glad about that.

I'm probably a little less, but that is more attributed to the fact that I sold my house in Reston,VA in March of 2021 and moved to Fairfax City, VA

In Reston we lived next to a walking path that I always took a camera with me as there was always something new to shoot.

My walks in Fairfax rapidly used up the photo opportunities. It's very scenic and photogenic, but there isn't a lot of it.

So now, I have to go other places to shoot.

I have become more agoraphobic over the last 6 years or so (not clinically, just circumstance and habit).

With my heart conditions, I am somewhat wary about catching Covid-19. If I did, it might well kill me ...

Always wear a mask, keep my distance, won't use public transport (with or without wings, or a hull).

So many days, none. Trying to do more.

I really do need to get out more ...

Just like me. 15/20 shots per day. 😳
I'm familiar with that kind of routine. A (hopefully) delicious way of keeping life electrifying ... I drank up to three litres(!) of coffee a day when I was at university - insane!

On a more serious note, I actually all but ruined my stomach - and probably more; it took several years of abstinence to get it back into a livable state (more than 20 years back now, thankfully). Complete withdrawal was literally painful for a couple of days, too - definitely something to avoid if possible.

Three, maybe four cups a day now. No more seasickness on dry land - much more enjoyable. The coffee, too.

M.

I'm familiar with that kind of routine. A (hopefully) delicious way of keeping life electrifying ... I drank up to three litres(!) of coffee a day when I was at university - insane!

On a more serious note, I actually all but ruined my stomach - and probably more; it took several years of abstinence to get it back into a livable state (more than 20 years back now, thankfully). Complete withdrawal was literally painful for a couple of days, too - definitely something to avoid if possible.

Three, maybe four cups a day now. No more seasickness on dry land - much more enjoyable. The coffee, too.

M.
Having ADHD, caffeine calms me down, as does Ritalin.

The latter mixed with a lot of Valium (in an operating theatre for a conscious angiogram - ugh!!) really put me in lala land. Needless to say, I tolerated the procedure well! I also have unfond memories of both it and the cardiac ablation I had while conscious. Fascinating processes, but cannot say that either was enjoyable.

Fortunately, I do not have any kind of addictive response to any of these medications. Ditto opiates, taken on numerous occasions during my life (legally prescribed)

I tend to drink cold coffee as I have gotten older. Since it has become a daily beverage for me, I make a mix of regular and decaffeinated coffee that gives me the kind of biochemical encouragement I like to get though my day. Besides, I come from (what I have read) the only country that drinks most of its tea cold. I tried drinking iced tea all day but I prefer coffee.

Back