Fuji Post to instagram from a mac

Bobby T

Out Of Nowhere
Instagram has added the ability to add photos from a mobile browser. If you're on a mac, you can use safari to post to instagram posing as a mobile browser. In safari click preferences, click advanced, then check show developer menu in menu. Now go in the developer menu, hover over user agent, then pick one of the mobile browsers. Then just go to instagram and the camera icon to add photos is there.

Thanks for posting that. I understand where Instagram came from but they are way past the point of only being for images shot from phones and not being able to post from Macs or PCs is a major pain. Since I shoot everything with my X-E2 or X100T and don't use wireless to upload images to my iPhone, dealing with Instagram has been enough of an annoyance, that I've gone back to using Flickr and 500px

I end up, after editing on my Mac, transferring to a cloud service then posting from my phone. Their app still has some features I'm not sure are available on browser, such as tag lookup and completion (shows you how popular tags are), location tagging, etc. that are useful.

However it's really hard to attract new follows now on Instagram... I wonder myself if there are better platforms for those of us starting out.

It doesn't matter if you are on Instagram, 500px, Flickr, or any of the other photo oriented sites. getting large amounts of likes for your work and followers seems to be a combination using the right tags and the right subjects to attract people. If you look at the most popular photos and photographers with the most followers, their work is either portraits of hot looking women or landscapes of huge vistas and both are usually heavily enhanced in post processing. It also doesn't help that the websites themselves are constantly pushing this kind of work.

A bit late to the reply, but if you're a Lightroom user (and it's OS neutral), you can use a free plug-in I found a while back called "LR/Instagram." Easy-peasy, you just drag and drop from your Library to the Publish Service folder, and away you go. A couple of seconds delay if you haven't paid and are using freebie mode.

LR/Instagram - Lightroom Publish Plugin for Instagram

That is very interesting and compelling in some ways. What I like about the Later service is the ability to schedule out the posts into the future. It would be great if that were possible via instagram...like through the API to setup a "release" date.

I can see me using the Lightroom plug-in for those times I want to send out an instagram post immediately from the PC.

Thanks for posting that. I understand where Instagram came from but they are way past the point of only being for images shot from phones and not being able to post from Macs or PCs is a major pain. Since I shoot everything with my X-E2 or X100T and don't use wireless to upload images to my iPhone, dealing with Instagram has been enough of an annoyance, that I've gone back to using Flickr and 500px
I've always just exported my images from LR and used Dropbox to post from my mobile device. It's a workflow I continue to use and it works for me. I use Flickr for storing/sharing general images and as a place to link from but still consider Instagram a more unique platform which to share with a more current audience.

I do find the LR/Instagram plug in mentioned above interesting and I'll take a closer look at that.

Back