Post-Vacation Photo-itis

deirdre

Top Veteran
I realized, after finally importing all my pictures, that I had taken about 1500 photos during the four days I was in Hawaii. I'm now down to 1320, but I have a long way to go before I prune it down to a quantity reasonable to upload to Flickr.

Anyone else get post-vacation photo-itis?

What do you do about it?

Must have been a great holiday Deidre, I think its good you took so many shots ... this is a good sign. :D

"Anyone else get post-vacation photo-itis?" :D
YES
But its been a while since i've been away :(

Hope to see some "Blue Hawaii" pics on the forum ;)

I had a bad case of something after I got back from a month long stay around the Med last summer. That month was such a photographic feast that I just couldn't bring myself to shoot much of anything for several weeks after. And it took me a solid month of spending time with all of the thousands of photos I took to find some of the hidden gems and to get sick of the ones that looked good initially but didn't really hold up to scrutiny. I finally just had to stop fighting it and let it take its own time and eventually I got back into shooting again locally.

Such problems to have!

-Ray

Oh yeah -- three cameras and three SD cards definitely didn't help, either. Also, the Leica likes to reset itself to 2022 when I put in a new battery (if I pull the old one out and charge rather than swap it immediately, anyway).

I seem to be blessed with a certain ruthlessness regarding pictures. These days I take fewer - yesterday on my wanderings I took around 80; a year ago I would have taken double that. Of those, I will probably dump 30% on the first trawl through and more later. The end result is a manageable collection to process.

Of course I realise it is different when you are on holiday and can't go back and retake shots or revisit the same places but there's a lot to be said for holding back on shooting and then doing some ruthless culling.

LR (no, Adobe don't pay me) is great here with its cataloguing and filtering tools.

Back