Post your Blizzard 2013 photos!

Amin

Hall of Famer
I don't know how much snow we got here west of Boston, but it was a lot!

Our driveway was plowed twice during the storm, and here are the kids venturing out from the garage onto the driveway this AM:

8458806686_2d7b5d188a_b.jpg

DSCF2135 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

They made it to about the edge of the driveway before taking a rest :)

8457705435_d21b1ea789_b.jpg

DSCF2144 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

I know hundreds of thousands of people in MA are without power. Hope all of our members are safe!

Wow, that is an unbelievable amount of snow (from your photos and from the news)! Great images with your new acquisition :) Wishing all of you warmth and safety through this blizzard.

We got only three-to-six inches of snow at my listening post in Central New Jeraey - far less than expected. Perhaps the fates decided we deserved a break after Sandy. Eastern Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Maine were supposed to get up to two feet. I hope all of our friends in the region are okay. It looks like at least a foot at your house, Amin. A great way to break in the X-E1.

We got about an inch down here, MAYBE an inch. So no pics. The most snow I've ever seen from one dump was a 30 inch storm we had several years back - took weeks to dig out the urban areas and all the snow they were dumping in the Schuylkill River started causing ice dams and flooding. Sounds like most of New England got very close to that and some spots will end up with more than three feet! That's a LOT. Good you have someone to plow your drive Amin. We live in a condo now and have others so it for us also, but up until a few years ago I had to dig out of these things with a shovel.

-Ray

Great photos, Amin! Looks like a lot of digging out to do--we only have to deal with 10" in my part of NJ. My older son goest to Clark U in Worcester, and the i hear that city got the most snowfall in MA. Hopefully you still have power. Stay warm.

I can't take pictures and post here yet because: (1) our door is blocked by snow (hopefully the snow plower comes soon!); and (2) I have no X camera yet. :) But yeah, this has to be one of the worst blizzards!

Here are a few from the area - we got about 12-14 inches of snow. X100.

snowy_nemo_20130209-1709.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

snowy_nemo_20130209-1713.jpg

snowy_nemo_20130209-1718.jpg

snowy_nemo_20130209-1720.jpg

snowy_nemo_20130209-1734.jpg

It looks like at least a foot at your house, Amin. A great way to break in the X-E1.

Great photos, Amin! Looks like a lot of digging out to do--we only have to deal with 10" in my part of NJ. My older son goest to Clark U in Worcester, and the i hear that city got the most snowfall in MA. Hopefully you still have power. Stay warm.

I live close to Worcester and would estimate over 2 feet of snow here. Everyone is basically closed in without possibility of driving anywhere, but I'm lucky that we still have power, heat, hot water, and even TV/internet/phone.

I went to Michigan Tech and also lived in Ishpeming for a while - I remember these types of snows about every week or so! :eek: Luckily, municipalities had serious gear up there to take care of this stuff!

Back