Post Your Top 3 Faves For The Month Of June 2013

Mikey

Veteran
It's that time of the month again to share your 3 best/fave Fuji X images from the previous month. After having owned my Fuji X for a whole month, I'm happy to finally be able to contribute.

A view of the skyline of my new home city, Cincy...
_DSF0161-L.jpg

My favorite shot from a recent Belly Dancing Cruise...
_DSF0391-L.jpg

My favorite non-macro butterfly shot with my 35/1.4...
_DSF1193-L.jpg

Mikey:

Thanks ! I'm chiming in as this was very surprising to me; I wish I was accomplished enough to have exposed this on my own, but it's all the camera, believe me.

On the X10, this was done with the Night preset (there are two in the X10's SP list of presets, one with and one without a tripod, which is what I used here) hand-held. I took a test shot and saw (to me) not enough dark contrast. So I dialed in -2 on the Exp Comp dial, liked the way it looked better, and that was it. JPEG. I cropped it to 16:9 so I could use it as wallpaper on the desktop (help yourself !) and added a bit more contrast PP.

The camera picked out 1/60 @ f2.8, ISO 400; this preset sets AWB to Auto and specs multi-area metering. I'm amazed that it picked up the reflections on the cars in the foreground and did not blow out the headlights of that approaching car on the right bottom, and you can almost read the sign on the left wall. No orbs !

This was one of those 'Round-2-it' shots; as you can see, it's an amazing venue with all the neon. I just happened to pass there the other night, had the X10 with me, and you know the rest . . . . this little camera never seases to amaze me. I tried night shots in the film days, but it was so much harder. I'm living proof that X10's are pretty idiot-proof !

I'm a little late to this thread but here's 3 of my favorites from June. This one was hard to whittle it down, which is always a nice surprise to look back over a month and have trouble picking only 3 out of what I've shot - that's how I know I had a fruitful month :)

This one has to be in my top 3, I have been shooting a few photos of the band at our church and this one is my favorite so far. The pure joy being expressed by the whole band and the epic fist raised pose area what I like about it. As it turns out, the guitarist (also one of our pastors and the leader of our church photo team) is moving out of state so this was one of the last photos of him with the band. I also printed and framed an 8x10 of this shot and gifted it to him as a going-away present, so this has a special meaning to me.

9120997954_028899d0a0_c.jpg

Liquid Band Rocks! by jloden, on Flickr

Portrait of my wife out at a diner lunch, just had to make use of some nice window light (y)

View attachment 14441
Window Seat by jloden, on Flickr

The last one was the hardest to pick, had a couple good contenders for my third favorite but in the end I chose this somewhat unique self portrait. Shot at the same diner as the portrait of my wife, but a different day.

View attachment 14442
Abstract Self by jloden, on Flickr

Back