Ricoh (Post Yours) Ricoh GR Hi-contrast B&W

Name
Andrew
A few street images from walking around yesterday. There's a definite influx of tourists again, and as a local I have mixed feelings, even more mixed than usual this year with Corona-concerns. Sticking to the open air and not touching much most likely keeps me safe, but I feel for business owners who need to keep their doors open to crawl back from the last few months (which for a seasonal area like ours happened right after the winter slump) but must comply with new rules and try to get their patrons to do the same.

R0005035.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

R0005033.JPG

The bewildered look.

R0005032.JPG

Looking into a shop.

R0004927.JPG

Please use the hand sanitizer.

R0005030.JPG

R0005028.JPG

Unmasked, demasked and masked.

R0005025.JPG

R0005023.JPG

R0005014.JPG

R0005017~2.JPG

I used the snap focus feature on the GR set to 2.5 and 5 meters at f8. These were developed in camera with some cropping as well, as I was mostly shooting from the hip.

I haven't been able to get away to any bigger cities since last October, and don't really want to right now. Usually, this small town is either too slow for street shooting or else too full of tourists being boring - but these days there seems to be an added element of uncertainty, or something, in their faces and I'm finding the nonlocals more interesting to shoot. Or perhaps it's in my mind. But, either way, it's a good opportunity to scratch the street photography itch during this strange time.

Edited this thread, as I realized I don't think we have a thread devoted to the hi-contrast B&W mode that GRs are so well known for, so let's make this into one, if you folks are alright with that!
I probably will never post here because unlikely I'll ever have a Ricoh, but that's OK as I do love B&W images of any type and from any source. Keep up the good work. Cheers! :drinks:

Back