Powerball Fantasy Gear

mike3996

Legend
Let's assume you have money. And not just some scratch lottery money that enables you to consider a $10k Canon R5 setup, let's talk about a real hulking megamillions type of deal. You're set for life, your descendants as well. You have that FU money. Instead of looking at cameras you can window shop entire camera companies.

But more realistically, you wouldn't buy a camera company because they're a dying business.

But they are more than happy to design and manufacture a camera or a lens for you for the right lump sum.

What would you have them make and release? Revive some film stock, re-release some iconic camera? Add some features? Launch cameras in space?

A Ricoh GR with an optical viewfinder complete with focus indicators and exposure information. Actually make it a full frame digital GR with a viewfinder. Not the route I want Ricoh to take with the camera overall, but how I would want to make a boutique one-off camera. It would be larger than the normal GR form factor, maybe closer to the size of a Leitz/Leica CL/Minolta CLE, but of course still with all of the GR's snap focus, JPEG profiles and other goodies. Oh, also weather sealed. Basically throw money at this dream camera until you can make it actually work.

The full set of weatherproofed pancakes for M43, I wrote about in a tread yesterday. Also a 50-250 Oly f/4 Pro at no higher weight than 600 grams fully fitted, ideally the closer it comes to 500 grams the better. Oh and better make it TC compatible.

The full set of weatherproofed pancakes for M43, I wrote about in a tread yesterday. Also a 50-250 Oly f/4 Pro at no higher weight than 600 grams fully fitted, ideally the closer it comes to 500 grams the better. Oh and better make it TC compatible.
I really like the idea of the light weight 50-250 Oly f/4 Pro, but I'd insist on a manual focusing ring.

I'd like Panasonic to make a GX8 Mark 2 with the latest tech but decidedly make it a stills-oriented model. The sensor can be straight outta G9 unless Gh6 is much better. Make it available in beautiful silver chrome finish. Tilty screen or what Fuji XT3 or Gh6 has. Three control rings.

I'd also like Panasonic to make a 135mm eqv prime lens, collaboration with Leica, why not? Make it f/1.7 even if it means a bit of size and weight. Dedicated aperture ring on the lens. Beautiful no-nonsense plastic shell like 42.5/1.7 has.

I'd like to see a 7-14mm fisheye zoom lens for M4/3. Make it a variable aperture like f/2.8-3.5 just to piss off DPR readers who can't stand variable apertures.

And I want OM System to build me a Pen-F Mark 2. With a builtin OVF(!). Use Fujifilm X100F as the basis of frame, I'll be paying for the patent infringements anyway here. Silver options only. Tilty screen, goes without saying. The back buttons better be "E-M1" class instead of those poor excuses of buttons that found their way in the first digital Pen-F.

From what I read, the 12-45 pro does not, nor does it have a Lfn button. Someone please inform me if I am wrong.
It does have a manual focus ring, but what it does not have is a manual focus clutch. Which suits me fine, I have had several bad experiences when the clutch have, by some notion, slipped into manual focus, without me knowing or wanting it.

None of the f/4 pros has a LFN button as far as I know. It is for me no loss, I wouldn't want to utilise it anyhow as long as I didnt have such a button on all the lenses I use. :drinks:

Back