Film Praktica Super TL3

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
Many years ago, my parents gave me a Praktica Super TL3 for Christmas the year I turned 18. That was my first camera of any kind, and I enjoyed the heck out of it. It was my only camera for 20 years or more, before I discovered digital. From that point, the Praktica sat on my shelf until recently. I loaded a roll of Fuji Superia 400 in it, and carried it around with a Zeiss Flektogon 35mm f/2.4 on the front of it. Compared to the Olympus 35RC, or even my Fuji XT-1 and 60mm f/2.4, the Praktica combination is quite a load. I've come to prefer smaller, lighter cameras through the years, and I definitely felt the difference in my camera bag. The IQ is pretty good, though. Here are a few samples from the roll I just had developed:

20540001.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

20540007.jpg
20540020.jpg

20540021.jpg

Got to love those Flektogons - mine's a fine lens too (50mm f/4 for the P6 - just shot a roll with it). Great imagery as well - you really managed to put the combo through its paces (shallow depth of field, nicely sharp wide field, good work with colours and bokeh, even a little soft flare ... we get it all).

M.

Back