Prayers, Crossed Fingers, Lucky Charms, Anything

olli

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
olli
Having read about Ruby's encounter with a snake a while back on the forum I unnerved because we too live in a place with snakes. Now, to my shock and horror, my own beloved Bella is fighting for her life after a snake bite.

It happened when we weren't around in the garden of our house. It took a while to realise what had happened and the blood tests confirmed she was past the point were anti venom would work. She on all kinds of drips and medicines to fix her bad blood. It's not looking good. If there's no improvement tomorrow we'll be trying a blood transfusion - last resort and high risk. So say one for Bella please.

Whatever the outcome, I'm not going to be around for a while.

Sorry to hear about Bella.

In Texas, there is a shot you can give your dog for rattlesnake bites. It also helps to some degree with other viper bites.

Most vets in west Texas offer it because of the prevalence of rattlesnakes and dogs bitten so much out there.

Oh, Olli, I am so sorry to read this but very hopeful that Bella can pull through. Finger crossed and everything else. Please keep us posted. Bella is in my prayers.

Very sorry to hear it Olli, I'm sure your vets will be fighting for her all the way. In the meantime, your friends across the world are with you in solidarity. I lost a dog to poisoning. I know what this is like. Remember to do the basic stuff for yourself - eat sleep wash.

Thinking of you

Thanks BB. MY vet is going to start the transfusion about 9pm and she tells me its going to take 10-12 hours so it's going to be a long night. Just clinging on and hoping for the best.

Olli- Since I'm almost camera-less I haven't been here in a while. I came on to leave some feedback. Don't know quite why I clicked on this one. I don't think anyone who hasn't lived with a dog can truly understand how much you can love them. I wish there something I could say to comfort you. I think I know what you are going through. I will say dogs are more resilient than most people think. I will be thinking of you and Bella and hoping for the best. I have to believe everything will be OK. My thoughts are with you and Bella today.

I am hoping that since Bella has fought this long a transfusion will give her the boost she needs. My prayers continue. Thank you for taking the time to update us on her condition.

Back