Nikon Showcase PreAI 50mm f/1.4 D7100

William Lewis

All-Pro
Name
William Lewis
Took her out today in the sunlight on the way to work with the 50 mounted to look at a couple of my usual suspects. The crop effect to a 75mm FOV was quite interesting to me.

DSC_2801.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I thought using a pre-Ai lens on the D7100 would jam up the Ai ring. The Df has the flip up tab on the AI ring of the camera, was the first Nikon digital to have that.

Was your pre-Ai lens converted to Ai?

I usually refer to such lenses as "Ai'd"... or Factory Ai'd, done back in the day when Nikon charged $18 for the service.

You need a dence post test for this one, and a flat slat test. This lens should be doing much better.

Wednesday, my next day off, I'll do some work with it at multiple apertures and with my PreAI/AI'd 35/2 along too, just to see what it shows.

Now to think of a location that should give me something useful...

Ahhh! I was hoping to find a thread like this! I recently acquired a Nikkor 50mm S auto f1.4 and a Nikkor 35mm O f2.0 ... both non-Ai. I Ai'ed the 50 but ran into a bit of a challenge on the 35 so I had to take that to a pro to work on. Also to be used on a D7100 ( + Oly and Lumx m43). I have yet to go out and have fun - this shot from my desk: (the 50 @ 2.8)
DSC_1701a.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back