Pricing strategies for selling a Fuji x100s

doobs

All-Pro
Name
Chris
Happy post Thanksgiving to all.

I've got a Fuji x100s that I bought new from Amazon when they were introduced.

Recently I've done a tech refresh and the wonderful little cam sits unused in a bin in the armoire.

So, I'm going to list it for sale here and a couple of other places, but not on e-bay. Too much angst involved with that.

Spelunking around ebay, prices are all over the map from $600 to $1000. I've got a bunch of accessories, grips, etc that will go with the camera as well as a number of third party batteries and a couple of third party chargers along with the original charger and battery.

I've got all the original boxes, and the camera has had 17,400 shutter actuations.

The end goal is to cover the cost of a Fufi XF16-80mmF4 from Map Camera, which is in the ballpark of $600.

What's the thoughts as to a fair non-ebay price to ask?

Thanks!

$600 sounds crazy, let alone $1000...

A year or two back I was scoping the pricing and thought that in Finland the baseline for X100 series appeared to be 200 euros per generation, plus/minus 50 €.

But US ain't Finland and this ain't a couple of years ago. So maybe by asking $600 for it you're getting a long line of interested buyers. Try $700?

X100 models are at a premium right now, but I think you need to list it where the TikTok kids are looking for them right now, so that might be eBay. Not sure, I don't know any of that particular strain of kid.

$600 sounds crazy, let alone $1000...

A year or two back I was scoping the pricing and thought that in Finland the baseline for X100 series appeared to be 200 euros per generation, plus/minus 50 €.

But US ain't Finland and this ain't a couple of years ago. So maybe by asking $600 for it you're getting a long line of interested buyers. Try $700?
Not that long ago, they were selling for $250, which is about what I think it's worth.

But the listings on eBay definitely don't reflect that.:oops:

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I'm going to go $650 shipped.

Cheers!

Back