Print BIG! (a reminder! - again!)

I've printed a few waterfall canvases a while back. They turned out pretty good. I think some stuff, especially city scapes, do much better on just satin photo paper though.

I've printed a few waterfall canvases a while back. They turned out pretty good. I think some stuff, especially city scapes, do much better on just satin photo paper though.

do you feel this is due to the fine detail being less organic and more structured and hard edged?

I think if you have an image where additional clarity adds to it's impact then I would be more likely to print on normal photo paper. Just to pick out a recent example, I think that the following image of mine would stand out more on normal paper than on canvas

12651884423_7dc4b62581_b.jpg

CG1X-IMG_2910-PR Canon Powershot G1X Brisbane Australia by Nic (Luckypenguin), on Flickr

Printing on canvas lends a somewhat painterly effect to an image because of the natural texture of he canvas and I guess also the type of ink used and how it settles on the material. The following is an image that I have had printed out on canvas and that I feel works looks better on the wall using that material.

5789516845_a2cdf7b88b_b.jpg

C350D-IMG_2507-P2R Canon EOS 350D Varanasi India by Nic (Luckypenguin), on Flickr

Back