Fuji Private messages - do you want notifications?

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Just a quick note to remind everyone that if you want to receive notifications that you've received a PM/private message then you will need to go to your profile and adjust things.(y)

I know that at first I forgot to do this and apparently I am not the only one.:th_salute:

good point BB. I remember the first time I went to send someone a private message I was shocked to have several messages sitting there waiting for me. No email notice....no pop-up notification.

This reminder is good.....feel free to add info about yourself and set-up any preferences the way you want under "My Profile".

good point BB. I remember the first time I went to send someone a private message I was shocked to have several messages sitting there waiting for me. No email notice....no pop-up notification.

This reminder is good.....feel free to add info about yourself and set-up any preferences the way you want under "My Profile".

I just noted the same.. a message from March 12. Shame on me..

thanks for the reminder, BB

Especially double-check your notification settings if you're going to be posting items for sale. Enthusiastic buyers may become desperate after agreeing to your price and getting what feels like the silent treatment!

I'd also like to have notifications (in the menu, not via email) for new "Thank yous" posts have received. Others vBulletin sites do this, makes the feature more useful.

I'd also like to have notifications (in the menu, not via email) for new "Thank yous" posts have received. Others vBulletin sites do this, makes the feature more useful.

You can view your thanks received info in your profile, so the info is there. The only way I know to have you get a notification for that is to use vBSEO like we're doing at TalkNEX.com. When I turned on thanks notifications at SeriousCompacts, pretty much everyone hated it. At TalkNEX people seem to like it. Hard to know which way to go, because there's no way to let everyone choose for themselves whether they want to be notified about thanks or not.

You can view your thanks received info in your profile, so the info is there. The only way I know to have you get a notification for that is to use vBSEO like we're doing at TalkNEX.com. When I turned on thanks notifications at SeriousCompacts, pretty much everyone hated it. At TalkNEX people seem to like it. Hard to know which way to go, because there's no way to let everyone choose for themselves whether they want to be notified about thanks or not.

People definitely like it in the German X forum.

Which one is that, Rico? I'd like to see how they have it implemented.

Edit: I just went back to re-read the thread where the S.C. folks were glad to be rid of the thanks notification and saw that you had commented in dissent: http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f19/old-thanks-back-6284/#post61382

Most vBulletin forums I visit are not using it, in contrast to the ones you are visiting in Germany. However, I like the thanks notifications on the two sites I visit which do use them (TalkNEX and GetDPI).

Back