Fuji Problem with my XH1

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Name
Steve
I again had a problem with the XH1 going into video mode and being unable to get back to stills. As far as I can tell, this should be completely controlled by the dial under the iso dial on the left side of the camera. Changing that dial does not change the mode. I assume this means the camera is broken. I just want to check before I contact Fuji about a repair.

Since I had the camera for four months of the 6 months used warranty, I'm sending it back to Adorama and getting a refund. I plan to get another XH1. No fuss dealing with Adorama.

I have found both KEH, B&H, and Adorama to be very good about taking back used gear. The 180 day warranty is pretty nice. of course. It only applies to cameras rated E- or better. G and below get only 90 days

I've had nothing but good service over the years, from all three of those companies.

Too bad about the video issue. Hopefully the next one you get is trouble-free.

I was granted the refund so I ordered another used XH1, this time a Demo grade. There are a bunch of those so i suspect many folks took them up on the good deal and then didn't like the size. It was $100 more for the demo and $150 more for the one with the grip so i got the grip. I can't see me using it but it was just too cheap to refuse.

Finally, everything is straightened out. The demo looks perfect. For the extra $50 I got the grip, two Fuji brand batteries, and there was a blank 64 GB card in one of the slots. (y) That grip feels really good and three batteries will be handy on occasion. Going on a train trip to Massachusetts next week to visit family. The XE3 would probably be a better choice but i’m not missing the chance to take the XH1 for a little workout.

Back