Fuji Problem with Xt1+60mm

rbelyell

All-Pro
this may have been covered somewhere, so i apologize, but i have used my 60 on xt1 for a couple of weeks without incident. i did not update firmware recently. yesterday out of nowhere i started getting a 'turn off the camera and restart" message when my 60 was trying to focus. i took out the batteries, switched the batteries, took off and re put on the lens, nothing helped. i can manual focus the lens, but attempting to autofocus gets me this message. anyone know why/what i can do?
thank you

bobby thank you for your reply. i found the answer on another forum: after about a week or so of use without problem, i attached an aftermarket 39mm screw in vented hood as a very low profile lens protecter--i found the fuji hood way too big and awkward, doubling the size of this compact lens. another user suggested anything attached to the lens--hood or filter--might somehow interfere with the focusing mechanism. i removed it and stopped getting the error message. so it must be the case.

then this leads to another question: can you not put hoods/filters on fuji lenses in general or this fuji lens in particular? any suggestions on lens protection for this particular lens?

Good deal, I'm glad it was an easy fix. I've used hoods and filters on all of my lenses with no issues. But I've never owned a 60mm so i can't speak for it.

well, to be accurate, i did not have 'the' hood, as in the fuji hood which attaches to the exterior of the lens. i had 'a' hood, which threaded on to the interior of the lens. i think that makes all the difference.

Back