Feedback Problems viewing photos with some browsers

pdh

Legend
Just a note to say that I have recently posted a few images linked from Flickr using the HTML method ... while it works, it seems to produce distorted images; So I went back to the method I 'd been using before - copying the "BBCode" from Flickr.

I'll post two here, the first using HTML the second BBCode ... do you see the first as distorted?

5676453024_bd7f5eabb4_b.jpg

5676453024_bd7f5eabb4_b.jpg

20110501-12 by _loupe, on Flickr

I do see the difference. Interestingly, I don't think I've ever noticed this with my own. I'll be paying more attention to see what's what. Thanks for this, Paul.

OK, here's what it is for me. When I have only the one image in my 15" Safari window, they look the same - exactly the same, but when I have the two photos sort of half way between then the upper image's glass seems wider...but then once I bring it down to be full on, it's perfectly normal and the same. For me this is, I'm pretty sure, due to my glasses. Normally, I look at one photograph that has been posted at a time and don't scroll back and forth between them. So I have to take back what I first said now that I am really looking at each individually.

You know one could drive oneself crazy with this sort of thing. Paul, how big is your screen and what browser are you using?

15.6" , Opera 11.10.

I think it's an Opera thing.

But it might mean anyone using Opera to view this forum will see distorted images if the poster has used HTML from Flickr rather than BBCode

ugh

Bumping this up for some air. Also please note that I split these posts off from a general thread about how to post images in the threads... There posts are much more about various problems that have or can occur for some with different browsers.

Back