Fuji Problems with X-Pro1 viewfinder with glasses?

Felix

Regular
Name
Felix Tan
Hi,

I have just picked up an X-Pro1 ... it's a beauty. :)

However, I am concerned about using the viewfinder (left-eyed) with my glasses.
Basically, it seems that my eye needs to be closer to the VF in order to see the frames lines and displayed information fully.

Have other people noticed this? Can anything be done about it? Is it the same on the other X cameras?

I have seen on DPreview mention of the eye-point of the camera and how a longer eye-point can assist glasses weares. Does anyone know what the eye point of the X-Pro1 is?

Thanks

I just checked the tech specs on the Fuji web site and they do list the eye point:

X-Pro1 approx 14mm
X-E1 approx 23mm
X-E2 approx 23mm

X-100 15mm
X-100s 15mm

So the X-Pro1 is the 'worst' for me :-(

I just checked the tech specs on the Fuji web site and they do list the eye point:

X-Pro1 approx 14mm
X-E1 approx 23mm
X-E2 approx 23mm

X-100 15mm
X-100s 15mm

So the X-Pro1 is the 'worst' for me :-(

What is your optical correction on the left eye?

You might want to use diopter adapters if you are only slightly near or far sighted.

Sent from my iPad using FujiXspot mobile app

My eyes are pretty bad :)
I wear the glasses all the time and can't see that taking them off to use the camera (with diopter) and then putting them on again is feasible.

My eyes are pretty bad :)
I wear the glasses all the time and can't see that taking them off to use the camera (with diopter) and then putting them on again is feasible.

As you are using only one eye (so parallax is not a problem) your could try to use your right eye. It.s annoying at start, but it's feasible.

Other than that, I haven't seen any optical magnifier for the X series... You could find one for the lcd screen, but you'd lose all benefit of the OVF.

"I haven't seen any optical magnifier for the X series"

That's what I'd need is it?
My right eye is lazy so I have to use my left.

They have them under accessories for the X-Pro 1 ...(Canada site)

X System | Fujifilm [Canada]

You can order them via their estore

http://www.fujifilmestore.ca/diopter-lens-protective-filters/

I see you're in the UK they're also available via their estore

Fujifilm Digital Camera Accessories | The Fujifilm Shop

These are diopter adapters Peter, not enough if your vision is pretty bad.

There are eyepiece magnifiers that work for other cameras, maybe some can be adapted...

I wear glasses and do not have problems using the viewfinder. I bought a fuji diopters via B+H to be able to read the info (especial helpful when using the EVF). But I use it with my glasses. Why don't you want to put your glasses against the viewfinder? It works fine for me. I use my right eye.

But if you do want to extend if your eyes are really, really bad. There are magnifier extenders on the market that can be attached to the LCD-screen. I saw a post recently of someone who adapted an existing to the x-pro or x-e. Unfortunately I could not find it. It helped work with the 55-200 zoom in bright sunlight. If your eyes are very bad, the larger pixels probably won't bother you.

Good luck,

Peter

Thanks Peter.

The problem is that when I do press my glasses against the viewfinder I do not get a full view of the display from side to side.
The Exp Comp guage on the left will not be visible and the ISO reading on the right will be slightly obscured.

It is only a small amount which is missing but it does mean you have to look into each side to see the info rather than being able to see everything with a single glance. If I take my glasses off and lokk through the VF I can see everything (but blurred of course).

Anyone can see the problem by just moving the viewfinder a few millimeters further away from their eye.

I will go to my local camera shop and try the VF on the X-E2 this weekend to confirm that the longer eye point has solved this problem.

ah. I now understand what you mean. Thanks for the clarification. It hasn't bothered me yet but probably it will bother me from now on. ;-)
Let me know when you find the solution, if there is one....
The intermediate solution would be to use a diopter + EVF w/o glasses. I sometimes do that.

Thanks Peter.

The problem is that when I do press my glasses against the viewfinder I do not get a full view of the display from side to side.
The Exp Comp guage on the left will not be visible and the ISO reading on the right will be slightly obscured.

It is only a small amount which is missing but it does mean you have to look into each side to see the info rather than being able to see everything with a single glance. If I take my glasses off and lokk through the VF I can see everything (but blurred of course).

Anyone can see the problem by just moving the viewfinder a few millimeters further away from their eye.

I will go to my local camera shop and try the VF on the X-E2 this weekend to confirm that the longer eye point has solved this problem.

Back