Public Places for Posteriors

Ray Sachs

Legend
Name
you should be able to figure it out...
These have been dribbling through my lenses over the past several weeks and it occurred to me that I had an inadvertent theme going on. Some are inviting, some are anything butt...

Mostly GF1 I believe with just a couple of Nex shots in the mix. Its pretty cool - I can't even remember what I shoot what with anymore for non-street photos. They're just tools that are all fun in their own right but ultimately don't matter a lot. The first one showed up elsewhere a few weeks back.

-Ray

View attachment 34758

View attachment 34759

View attachment 34760

View attachment 34761

View attachment 34762

View attachment 34763

Nice series Ray. Just think what will happen if you concentrate on it.
It's the birth of an interesting body of work.
They all read well, yet some stand out as more than what is presented. It's like there's an emotional element. It feels like the space is lonely, waiting for the human to come and sit and use the space.
Keep a sharp eye on this work. It will lead you to more images.
A fan, Don

Thanks guys. I suspect if I concentrated on it, it wouldn't get any better, but if I keep seeing them out of the corner of my eye, maybe someday I'll put more of a series together. But yeah, I get some of the same thing about the empty space waiting to be filled, from some anyway...

Here are 4 more, 3 from nearly a year ago, one from yesterday...

If others have anything of a similar theme, feel free to add 'em...

-Ray

View attachment 34786

View attachment 34787

View attachment 34788

View attachment 34789

I've been watching these on Flickr, Ray. Just saw this first one in today's post about a minute ago and it has been haunting me. I'm with Don in my own reactions. I think you've got a good thing going...and may surprise yourself about the series concept...and even possibly choosing to see what it might be like to have the ones you feel the strongest about being done in the same black and white tones. Just an inkling...and my unasked for two cents.

I've been watching these on Flickr, Ray. Just saw this first one in today's post about a minute ago and it has been haunting me. I'm with Don in my own reactions. I think you've got a good thing going...and may surprise yourself about the series concept...and even possibly choosing to see what it might be like to have the ones you feel the strongest about being done in the same black and white tones. Just an inkling...and my unasked for two cents.

Your two cents are always asked for - a nickel or dime would be gratefully accepted as well! That first one from today (as well as the third) were done well before I'd discovered the charms of Silver Efex pro, both using a VERY high contrast preset in Aperture as a starting point. If I ever do a calendar or something, I could reprocess all of the shots I'd choose in the same manner - whether that one or not I'm not sure. Everything I've originally done straight in Aperture that I've later reprocessed in Silver Efex I've liked the latter version more (the second one from today is an older shot that I redid in Silver Efex). I may try it with that first shot and see how I do. But I do like the harsh way it came out.

THANK YOU for the suggestions. Never hesitate.

-Ray

Ray, thanks for taking the time to explain the details on what some of us are referring to as "the series" and of the individual images, themselves. And thank you! We all learn from each other here, even if it's just that a little different thought gets planted...whether it grows one way or another, or even emphasizes our own convictions. I am hopeful that the new sub forum, of the Image Works, Photo Critique will be great option, as well.

Back